WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 @ 8:31 a.m.
Weed Feed: Amazon Series Dubbed the ‘Shark Tank of Cannabis’ Holding Auditions for Pot Entrepreneurs
Heads up, all you Humboldt hemp hustlers. The Amazon Prime series “The Marijuana Show,” is holding open auditions for ambitious “ganjapreneurs” looking to pitch their big idea to eager cannabis investors.
The show, which proclaims itself to be the “Shark Tank of cannabis,” is accepting applications for four more days, so you’ll need to act fast.
“The Marijuana Show” has reportedly offered $18 million in financing to contestants in its previous two seasons, and according to the show’s website its investors are prepared to bank roll $20 million this season.
Season three begins taping this November in New Mexico. To apply, click this link and follow the show’s guidelines.
Potential contestants will need to submit a business plan and a two-minute pitch video. Below is a list of stipulations from the show’s website on what to include in your pitch video.
In this video, you will create a simple pitch of your product, company or service. Please make sure to touch on these points:
- Introduce yourself.
- Introduce your Company, product or service.
- What is the problem you are solving with your company, product or service?
- What is your grand solution?
- Who is your competition?
- If it’s possible, demo the product (or display it).
- What kind of investment are you seeking?
- How much are you asking for?
- What are you willing to give the investor?
- Why should you be on the Marijuana Show?
Previous contestants include a 10-year-old making CBD dog bones, a man risking his life savings to produce cannabis cars, and business partners looking to open the first “cannabis country club.”
The submission deadline ends when the clock strikes midnight on August 31. Now get out there, Humboldt, and make LoCO proud.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
California Cannabis Cultivators Are Now Eligible for Farmer-Friendly Energy Discounts - News | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
From the Outpost
- Stats for Humboldt Sheriff’s Office’s Week of Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raids
- More Search Warrants Served, More Marijuana Eradicated at Unpermitted Humboldt Grow Sites
- Humboldt Sheriff’s Office Gets Sassy With Its Hashtags During Unpermitted Weed Grow Raids; 13,000+ Marijuana Plants Eradicated
- Arcata’s New Cannabis Ordinance Goes into Effect Today and It May Allow More Sales Than It Seems
- Humboldt Growers See Opportunity as the State’s New Cannabis Rules Cause Bottlenecks in the Supply Chain
- Humboldt County Gets Its Own Regional Office of the Bureau of Cannabis Control
- 1,924 Marijuana Plants Eradicated, Firearms Seized at Unpermitted Grow Near Dinsmore
- 3,075 Marijuana Plants Eradicated, Firearms Seized, Various Violations Observed, One Arrested During Raid Near Dinsmore
- The Cannifornian: Marijuana suspected after driver rear-ends car with California state controller aboard
- Cannabis Law Report: WSWA (The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America) Press Release Favours States Rights On regulated Cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: ‘Trifecta of Opportunity Within One Plant’: Prairie Hemp Farmers Could Win Big With New Cannabis Rules
- Cannabis Culture: A Bethlehem Woman’s Uneasy Journey From Opioids to Cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: David Staples: New Lamp That Mimics the Sun Has Major Impact on Cannabis Growing
- Merry Jane: Capture Your Kush Lifestyle in MERRY JANE’s Broccoli Bash Challenge With SESH
- Cannabis Law Report: Billboard Report: “Chalice Festival Sues Bureau of Cannabis Control as Weed-Centric Events Battle With Legalization”
- High Times News: First Alcohol Association Supports Recreational Marijuana
- Leafly: The Roll-Up #42: Bugs, Bulldozers, and CBD Porn
- Marijuana Business Daily: Lawsuits filed in Oklahoma target strict new medical marijuana rules