WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 @ 8:31 a.m.
Weed Feed: Amazon Series Dubbed the ‘Shark Tank of Cannabis’ Holding Auditions for Pot Entrepreneurs
Heads up, all you Humboldt hemp hustlers. The Amazon Prime series “The Marijuana Show,” is holding open auditions for ambitious “ganjapreneurs” looking to pitch their big idea to eager cannabis investors.
The show, which proclaims itself to be the “Shark Tank of cannabis,” is accepting applications for four more days, so you’ll need to act fast.
“The Marijuana Show” has reportedly offered $18 million in financing to contestants in its previous two seasons, and according to the show’s website its investors are prepared to bank roll $20 million this season.
Season three begins taping this November in New Mexico. To apply, click this link and follow the show’s guidelines.
Potential contestants will need to submit a business plan and a two-minute pitch video. Below is a list of stipulations from the show’s website on what to include in your pitch video.
In this video, you will create a simple pitch of your product, company or service. Please make sure to touch on these points:
- Introduce yourself.
- Introduce your Company, product or service.
- What is the problem you are solving with your company, product or service?
- What is your grand solution?
- Who is your competition?
- If it’s possible, demo the product (or display it).
- What kind of investment are you seeking?
- How much are you asking for?
- What are you willing to give the investor?
- Why should you be on the Marijuana Show?
Previous contestants include a 10-year-old making CBD dog bones, a man risking his life savings to produce cannabis cars, and business partners looking to open the first “cannabis country club.”
The submission deadline ends when the clock strikes midnight on August 31. Now get out there, Humboldt, and make LoCO proud.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
California Cannabis Cultivators Are Now Eligible for Farmer-Friendly Energy Discounts - News | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
From the Outpost
- Just ‘Cause Weed’s Legal Now Doesn’t Mean You Can Smoke (or Ingest or Vape) It In Public, Eureka Reminds You
- Water District Says Proposed Mercer-Fraser Marijuana Facility Threatens Health and Safety of Two of Every Three County Residents
- If You Want to Weigh In on the County’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance, Thursday’s Your Chance
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to Rescind Obama-Era Memo Protecting States’ Rights on Marijuana Legalization
- Pair of Local Marijuana Entrepreneurs, Including Founder of Jack’s Hand Cleaner, Busted in Tennessee Airport With More Than 150 Pounds of Weed, Cops Say
- Recreational Weed Sales Are Brisk as Second Humboldt Retail Outlet Gets State License
- (VIDEO) CNBC Show ‘The Profit’ Comes to ‘The Marijuana Capital of America’ (Guess Where That Is)
- Recreational Weed Sales Start Monday Statewide; Here’s Where You Can Buy It Locally
- Cannabis Law Report: Article – Norton Rose Fulbright (Canada): Health Canada’s proposed approach to the regulation of cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: Ontario Considers Licensing Cannabis Lounges
- Cannabis Culture: New York to Look at Legalizing Recreational Marijuana
- The Cannabist: Will medical marijuana make Nebraska's 2018 ballot?
- The Cannabist: Recreational marijuana sales launch in Los Angeles
- The Cannifornian: Cannabis Chicken Matzo Ball Soup to make Bubby jealous
- Leafly: What It’s Like to Get High in a Lloyd Wright House
- Emerald Report: Once pot-friendly Calaveras County in California bans marijuana
- 420 Intel: ECASSOC
- Leafly: What the Federal Shutdown Means for Medical Marijuana