WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 @ 8:31 a.m.
Weed Feed: Amazon Series Dubbed the ‘Shark Tank of Cannabis’ Holding Auditions for Pot Entrepreneurs
Heads up, all you Humboldt hemp hustlers. The Amazon Prime series “The Marijuana Show,” is holding open auditions for ambitious “ganjapreneurs” looking to pitch their big idea to eager cannabis investors.
The show, which proclaims itself to be the “Shark Tank of cannabis,” is accepting applications for four more days, so you’ll need to act fast.
“The Marijuana Show” has reportedly offered $18 million in financing to contestants in its previous two seasons, and according to the show’s website its investors are prepared to bank roll $20 million this season.
Season three begins taping this November in New Mexico. To apply, click this link and follow the show’s guidelines.
Potential contestants will need to submit a business plan and a two-minute pitch video. Below is a list of stipulations from the show’s website on what to include in your pitch video.
In this video, you will create a simple pitch of your product, company or service. Please make sure to touch on these points:
- Introduce yourself.
- Introduce your Company, product or service.
- What is the problem you are solving with your company, product or service?
- What is your grand solution?
- Who is your competition?
- If it’s possible, demo the product (or display it).
- What kind of investment are you seeking?
- How much are you asking for?
- What are you willing to give the investor?
- Why should you be on the Marijuana Show?
Previous contestants include a 10-year-old making CBD dog bones, a man risking his life savings to produce cannabis cars, and business partners looking to open the first “cannabis country club.”
The submission deadline ends when the clock strikes midnight on August 31. Now get out there, Humboldt, and make LoCO proud.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
California Cannabis Cultivators Are Now Eligible for Farmer-Friendly Energy Discounts - News | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
From the Outpost
- (VIDEO) Masked Humboldt Pot Growers Dish to ‘Inside Edition’ About Murder Mountain: ‘It Ain’t No Joke’
- Arcata Might Soon Have Two New Places to Buy Legal Weed, Including Pacific Paradise
- Local Cannabis Company Taking Over the Ol’ Kmart Building in Eureka
- (UPDATE) Oregon Marijuana Company Leases 16,000-Square-Foot Bien Padre Factory in Eureka
- Humboldt Man Found Pushing Dolly Full of Weed East on Wyoming Highway
- 16,000 Pounds of Marijuana Seized, Over 30 People Detained at Grow Site East of Honeydew
- Ohio Man Arrested After Deputies Discover 500+ lbs. of Weed, Rifles with High-Capacity Magazines in Weaverville Commercial Building
- CANNABIS CARES: Local Cannabis Businesses Brave Pre-Thanksgiving Rain to Serve Area Homeless
- Marijuana Business Daily: British Columbia last in per-person legal cannabis sales, with few physical stores open
- Leafly: Massachusetts Sees $24M in Legal Cannabis Sales in First 2 months
- High Times News: Woman Arrested For Allegedly Feeding Dog Meth, Weed-Laced Milkshake
- High Times News: Study Shows More People Using Medical Marijuana in Place of Pharmaceuticals
- Leafly: Bloomberg Calls Legalization ‘Stupidest Thing Ever Done’
- Marijuana Business Daily: Law firm analysis: 79% of MA marijuana business contracts with municipalities illegal
- Leafly: New Study on Cannabis and Autism Supports Parents’ Longtime Claims
- Leafly: Did Doug Ford’s Daughter Break The Law by Promoting Illicit CBD Oil?
- Cannabis Law Report: Acreage Fail To Join The Ad Party Of The Year
- Marijuana Business Daily: Behind the Cover: Photos from Marijuana Business Magazine’s January Issue