WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 @ 8:31 a.m.
Weed Feed: Amazon Series Dubbed the ‘Shark Tank of Cannabis’ Holding Auditions for Pot Entrepreneurs
Heads up, all you Humboldt hemp hustlers. The Amazon Prime series “The Marijuana Show,” is holding open auditions for ambitious “ganjapreneurs” looking to pitch their big idea to eager cannabis investors.
The show, which proclaims itself to be the “Shark Tank of cannabis,” is accepting applications for four more days, so you’ll need to act fast.
“The Marijuana Show” has reportedly offered $18 million in financing to contestants in its previous two seasons, and according to the show’s website its investors are prepared to bank roll $20 million this season.
Season three begins taping this November in New Mexico. To apply, click this link and follow the show’s guidelines.
Potential contestants will need to submit a business plan and a two-minute pitch video. Below is a list of stipulations from the show’s website on what to include in your pitch video.
In this video, you will create a simple pitch of your product, company or service. Please make sure to touch on these points:
- Introduce yourself.
- Introduce your Company, product or service.
- What is the problem you are solving with your company, product or service?
- What is your grand solution?
- Who is your competition?
- If it’s possible, demo the product (or display it).
- What kind of investment are you seeking?
- How much are you asking for?
- What are you willing to give the investor?
- Why should you be on the Marijuana Show?
Previous contestants include a 10-year-old making CBD dog bones, a man risking his life savings to produce cannabis cars, and business partners looking to open the first “cannabis country club.”
The submission deadline ends when the clock strikes midnight on August 31. Now get out there, Humboldt, and make LoCO proud.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
California Cannabis Cultivators Are Now Eligible for Farmer-Friendly Energy Discounts - News | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
- October 18 Episode
- How Much Money?
From the Outpost
- People on the Street: Is 420 Still a Thing?
- Happy 4/20! Supervisor Estelle Fennell Elected President of Multi-County California Cannabis Authority
- (UPDATE: NOT YET) Busting Pot Farms From Space: Supervisors (MAY) Approve Contract With Company Offering High-Res Satellite Imagery to Assist With Code Enforcement
- County Supervisors Ease Tax Burden on Weed Growers, Hire Attorneys to Sue Big Pharma’s Opioid Manufacturers
- Here’s What People Had to Say About the County’s Comprehensive New Weed Ordinance, Including the Proposed Cultivation Permit Cap
- County Supervisors Met Monday to Start Deliberating on Proposed New Weed Regs, Including a Permit Cap
- California Has Already Issued More than 2,000 Cannabis Cultivation Licenses. Are Growers Being Set Up to Fail?
- Two New Weed Stores on Eureka’s Fourth Street? City Council Set to Move Forward at Next’s Week’s Meeting
- Leafly: Tips for Improving Your Cannabis Soil on a Budget
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana-infused products maker Dixie Brands lands $4M in funding
- Leafly: 12 Sugar-Free Cannabis Edibles for a Healthier High
- High Times News: Missouri House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill
- Cannabis Culture: Here Are America’s Best and Worst Governors on Weed
- The Cannifornian: Capitol Tracker: Cannabis banking, special event bills advance
- Marijuana Business Daily: Health Canada ‘open’ to medical marijuana sales through pharmacies
- High Times News: Kris Jenner Smokes A Joint on Camera
- Leafly: YouTube Continues its Cannabis Purge and Nobody Knows Why
- Leafly: Missouri House Moves to Legalize Medical Marijuana