WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Aug. 28, 2017 @ 8:31 a.m.
Weed Feed: Amazon Series Dubbed the ‘Shark Tank of Cannabis’ Holding Auditions for Pot Entrepreneurs
Heads up, all you Humboldt hemp hustlers. The Amazon Prime series “The Marijuana Show,” is holding open auditions for ambitious “ganjapreneurs” looking to pitch their big idea to eager cannabis investors.
The show, which proclaims itself to be the “Shark Tank of cannabis,” is accepting applications for four more days, so you’ll need to act fast.
“The Marijuana Show” has reportedly offered $18 million in financing to contestants in its previous two seasons, and according to the show’s website its investors are prepared to bank roll $20 million this season.
Season three begins taping this November in New Mexico. To apply, click this link and follow the show’s guidelines.
Potential contestants will need to submit a business plan and a two-minute pitch video. Below is a list of stipulations from the show’s website on what to include in your pitch video.
In this video, you will create a simple pitch of your product, company or service. Please make sure to touch on these points:
- Introduce yourself.
- Introduce your Company, product or service.
- What is the problem you are solving with your company, product or service?
- What is your grand solution?
- Who is your competition?
- If it’s possible, demo the product (or display it).
- What kind of investment are you seeking?
- How much are you asking for?
- What are you willing to give the investor?
- Why should you be on the Marijuana Show?
Previous contestants include a 10-year-old making CBD dog bones, a man risking his life savings to produce cannabis cars, and business partners looking to open the first “cannabis country club.”
The submission deadline ends when the clock strikes midnight on August 31. Now get out there, Humboldt, and make LoCO proud.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
California Cannabis Cultivators Are Now Eligible for Farmer-Friendly Energy Discounts - News | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 15 Show
- November 20 Show
- October 16 Show
- September 18 Show
- August 21 Show
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
From the Outpost
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- Attention Un-permitted Small-Scale Weed Farmers: You Can Still Get Your Application Processed in Time for 2020 Grow Season, County Says
- OPERATION ‘GREEN WAVE’: One Arrested at Unpermitted Grow Off Highway 36
- Did You Mean to Get Your Cannabis Cultivation Permit But Just, Like, SPACED IT? You Have Three Months to Un-Space Yourself
- OPERATION ‘WILD FISHER’: Weeklong Trespass Grow Cleanup Operation Hauls Tons of Trash, Miles of Water Lines Out of the Trinity Alps Wilderness
- High Times News: PA Lawmaker Introduces Marijuana Legalization Bill to House of Representatives
- Leafly: The buzz on Utah’s fledgling medical cannabis program
- Leafly: At this high school, apparently weed is okay—but only if you’re white
- High Times News: Alabama Senate Committee Votes in Favor of Medical Cannabis Bill
- Leafly: The best California cannabis seed and clone stores of 2020
- High Times News: Infused Beverage Company House of Saka Hires Former SVP of Constellation Brands
- The Cannifornian: Come check us out this weekend!
- High Times News: Colorado Cannabis Dispensaries Sold Over $1.74 Billion in Products in 2019
- Leafly: Medical cannabis bill clears Alabama Senate committee
- Wikileaf: Is Weed Legal in the UK? What You Need to Know