WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 11, 2017 @ 10 a.m.
Weed Feed: California Launches Online System to License Recreational Cannabis Industry
California took another step toward getting recreational marijuana businesses up and running on Friday.
The state launched its official webpage where people can apply for commercial cannabis licenses for retailers, distributors, micro-businesses, testing laboratories and cannabis events.
Applications for temporary and annual commercial licenses are available on the webpage, which is run by California’s Bureau of Cannabis Control.
“Today’s launch of our online licensing system is the culmination of many months of hard work by our dedicated team,” Bureau Chief Lori Ajax said in a state issued press release. “Now that applications are coming in, we can officially move one step closer to issuing California’s first state licenses for commercial cannabis activity.”
Upon approval, temporary licenses will take effect on January 1, 2018. The state will only issue licenses to applicants with valid licenses, permits or authorization from their local government.
Read more from the California Bureau of Cannabis Control below:
SACRAMENTO – The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) today officially launched its online licensing system and is now accepting applications for commercial cannabis licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses, testing laboratories and cannabis events.
The new online licensing system allows applicants to easily apply for a temporary and annual commercial cannabis license, submit payments and track the status of an existing application.
“Today’s launch of our online licensing system is the culmination of many months of hard work by our dedicated team,” Bureau Chief Lori Ajax said. “Now that applications are coming in, we can officially move one step closer to issuing California’s first state licenses for commercial cannabis activity.”
The link to the online licensing system can be accessed here: http://online.bcc.ca.gov/.
New users will be required to register an account on the Bureau’s online self-service portal prior to applying for a license.
For more information on how to fully utilize the online system, users can check out the site’s e-learning portal, which can be accessed here: http://www.bcc.ca.gov/clear/e_learning.html.
The Bureau will be reviewing temporary applications and once approved will be issuing temporary licenses with an effective date of January 1, 2018. No temporary license will be effective prior to this date. Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or authorization from their local jurisdiction.
The Bureau’s emergency regulations are now in effect and the final text can be found at http://www.bcc.ca.gov/ under “Important Announcements.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Will a Lapse in the County’s Hemp Moratorium Inadvertently Open the Floodgates for Industrial Cultivation?
- County Looks to Extend Moratorium on Industrial Hemp Cultivation While Developing New Rules and Regulations
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Krayzie Bone Visits Humboldt for His New Weed Brand, Looks at Pretty Ocean Views
- Marijuana Business Daily: What’s next in New York and New Jersey? Marijuana business experts weigh in
- Cannabis Law Report: Australia: Game On… NSW Bar Association Says It’s Time To Decriminalise Ice & Other Drugs
- Cannabis Law Report: Hawaii Gov Accedes To Cannabis Decriminalization
- Cannabis Law Report: NORML: New Mexico: New Marijuana Decriminalization Law Goes Into Effect Next Week
- Cannabis Law Report: Illinois: Pritzker Puts Pen To Paper On Recreational Bill
- Cannabis Law Report: California cannabis grower sues another under federal racketeering statutes
- Cannabis Law Report: CA: Proposed bill prevents California Veterinary Medical Board from taking special enforcement against vets who recommend cannabis products,
- The Emerald Magazine : Columbia Care Launches Cannabis Friendly Credit Card
- High Times News: Two Plead Guilty to Using United States Postal Service to Traffic Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: California marijuana vape cartridges required to include universal symbol