WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 @ 12:42 p.m.
Weed Feed: (VIDEO) Bureau of Cannabis Control Issues First Commercial Marijuana Licenses for California
The Bureau of Cannabis Control issued California’s first round of commercial weed permits for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories through its new online licensing system last week.
A Facebook video shows BCC employees counting down and cheering as they approved the very first license on Thursday.
“It’s official folks, we’ve just issued our first commercial cannabis temporary license!” the Bureau wrote on Facebook. “Stay tuned for a follow-up post coming shortly.”
So far, 20 businesses have received temporary licenses, none of which seem to be based in Humboldt. But many more licenses are expected to be handed out before January 1, 2018, when Prop. 64 takes effect.
Read more from the BCC press release below:
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) today issued the first group of commercial cannabis temporary licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories via its online licensing system.
“Last week, we officially launched our online licensing system, and today we’re pleased to issue the first group of temporary licenses to cannabis businesses that fall under the Bureau’s jurisdiction,” Bureau of Cannabis Control Chief Lori Ajax said. “We plan to issue many more before January 1.”
To access the list of 20 licensees, click here – https://aca5.accela.com/bcc/Cap/CapHome.aspx?module=Licenses&ShowMyPermitList=N – and search between the dates 12/15/15 and 1/2/18.
Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or authorization from their local jurisdictions and become effective on January 1, 2018. A temporary license is good for 120 days, after which a permanent license must be obtained.
Those interested in licensure can access the Bureau’s online licensing system at http://online.bcc.ca.gov/. Users are required to register an account on the Bureau’s online self-service portal prior to applying for a license.
To date, more than 1,900 users have registered with the Bureau’s online system, and more than 200 applications have been submitted.
For additional information about the licensing application process, or to subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available, visit http://www.bcc.ca.gov/.
For more information on commercial cannabis licenses for manufacturing, visit the California Department of Public Health website, www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb. Parties interested in applying for a commercial cannabis license for cultivation should go to the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) website, http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/, where the licensing system will be available in late December.
For additional information on all three licensing authorities, please visit the California Cannabis Porta at cannabis.ca.gov. Follow the Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily news and updates.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
From the Outpost
- (VIDEO) Masked Humboldt Pot Growers Dish to ‘Inside Edition’ About Murder Mountain: ‘It Ain’t No Joke’
- Arcata Might Soon Have Two New Places to Buy Legal Weed, Including Pacific Paradise
- Local Cannabis Company Taking Over the Ol’ Kmart Building in Eureka
- (UPDATE) Oregon Marijuana Company Leases 16,000-Square-Foot Bien Padre Factory in Eureka
- Humboldt Man Found Pushing Dolly Full of Weed East on Wyoming Highway
- 16,000 Pounds of Marijuana Seized, Over 30 People Detained at Grow Site East of Honeydew
- Ohio Man Arrested After Deputies Discover 500+ lbs. of Weed, Rifles with High-Capacity Magazines in Weaverville Commercial Building
- CANNABIS CARES: Local Cannabis Businesses Brave Pre-Thanksgiving Rain to Serve Area Homeless
- Marijuana Business Daily: British Columbia last in per-person legal cannabis sales, with few physical stores open
- Leafly: Massachusetts Sees $24M in Legal Cannabis Sales in First 2 months
- High Times News: Woman Arrested For Allegedly Feeding Dog Meth, Weed-Laced Milkshake
- High Times News: Study Shows More People Using Medical Marijuana in Place of Pharmaceuticals
- Leafly: Bloomberg Calls Legalization ‘Stupidest Thing Ever Done’
- Marijuana Business Daily: Law firm analysis: 79% of MA marijuana business contracts with municipalities illegal
- Leafly: New Study on Cannabis and Autism Supports Parents’ Longtime Claims
- Leafly: Did Doug Ford’s Daughter Break The Law by Promoting Illicit CBD Oil?
- Cannabis Law Report: Acreage Fail To Join The Ad Party Of The Year
- Marijuana Business Daily: Behind the Cover: Photos from Marijuana Business Magazine’s January Issue