WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 @ 12:42 p.m.
Weed Feed: (VIDEO) Bureau of Cannabis Control Issues First Commercial Marijuana Licenses for California
The Bureau of Cannabis Control issued California’s first round of commercial weed permits for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories through its new online licensing system last week.
A Facebook video shows BCC employees counting down and cheering as they approved the very first license on Thursday.
“It’s official folks, we’ve just issued our first commercial cannabis temporary license!” the Bureau wrote on Facebook. “Stay tuned for a follow-up post coming shortly.”
So far, 20 businesses have received temporary licenses, none of which seem to be based in Humboldt. But many more licenses are expected to be handed out before January 1, 2018, when Prop. 64 takes effect.
Read more from the BCC press release below:
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) today issued the first group of commercial cannabis temporary licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories via its online licensing system.
“Last week, we officially launched our online licensing system, and today we’re pleased to issue the first group of temporary licenses to cannabis businesses that fall under the Bureau’s jurisdiction,” Bureau of Cannabis Control Chief Lori Ajax said. “We plan to issue many more before January 1.”
To access the list of 20 licensees, click here – https://aca5.accela.com/bcc/Cap/CapHome.aspx?module=Licenses&ShowMyPermitList=N – and search between the dates 12/15/15 and 1/2/18.
Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or authorization from their local jurisdictions and become effective on January 1, 2018. A temporary license is good for 120 days, after which a permanent license must be obtained.
Those interested in licensure can access the Bureau’s online licensing system at http://online.bcc.ca.gov/. Users are required to register an account on the Bureau’s online self-service portal prior to applying for a license.
To date, more than 1,900 users have registered with the Bureau’s online system, and more than 200 applications have been submitted.
For additional information about the licensing application process, or to subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available, visit http://www.bcc.ca.gov/.
For more information on commercial cannabis licenses for manufacturing, visit the California Department of Public Health website, www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb. Parties interested in applying for a commercial cannabis license for cultivation should go to the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) website, http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/, where the licensing system will be available in late December.
For additional information on all three licensing authorities, please visit the California Cannabis Porta at cannabis.ca.gov. Follow the Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily news and updates.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
- October 18 Episode
- How Much Money?
From the Outpost
- People on the Street: Is 420 Still a Thing?
- Happy 4/20! Supervisor Estelle Fennell Elected President of Multi-County California Cannabis Authority
- (UPDATE: NOT YET) Busting Pot Farms From Space: Supervisors (MAY) Approve Contract With Company Offering High-Res Satellite Imagery to Assist With Code Enforcement
- County Supervisors Ease Tax Burden on Weed Growers, Hire Attorneys to Sue Big Pharma’s Opioid Manufacturers
- Here’s What People Had to Say About the County’s Comprehensive New Weed Ordinance, Including the Proposed Cultivation Permit Cap
- County Supervisors Met Monday to Start Deliberating on Proposed New Weed Regs, Including a Permit Cap
- California Has Already Issued More than 2,000 Cannabis Cultivation Licenses. Are Growers Being Set Up to Fail?
- Two New Weed Stores on Eureka’s Fourth Street? City Council Set to Move Forward at Next’s Week’s Meeting
- Leafly: Tips for Improving Your Cannabis Soil on a Budget
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana-infused products maker Dixie Brands lands $4M in funding
- Leafly: 12 Sugar-Free Cannabis Edibles for a Healthier High
- High Times News: Missouri House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill
- Cannabis Culture: Here Are America’s Best and Worst Governors on Weed
- The Cannifornian: Capitol Tracker: Cannabis banking, special event bills advance
- Marijuana Business Daily: Health Canada ‘open’ to medical marijuana sales through pharmacies
- High Times News: Kris Jenner Smokes A Joint on Camera
- Leafly: YouTube Continues its Cannabis Purge and Nobody Knows Why
- Leafly: Missouri House Moves to Legalize Medical Marijuana