WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 @ 12:42 p.m.
Weed Feed: (VIDEO) Bureau of Cannabis Control Issues First Commercial Marijuana Licenses for California
The Bureau of Cannabis Control issued California’s first round of commercial weed permits for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories through its new online licensing system last week.
A Facebook video shows BCC employees counting down and cheering as they approved the very first license on Thursday.
“It’s official folks, we’ve just issued our first commercial cannabis temporary license!” the Bureau wrote on Facebook. “Stay tuned for a follow-up post coming shortly.”
So far, 20 businesses have received temporary licenses, none of which seem to be based in Humboldt. But many more licenses are expected to be handed out before January 1, 2018, when Prop. 64 takes effect.
Read more from the BCC press release below:
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) today issued the first group of commercial cannabis temporary licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories via its online licensing system.
“Last week, we officially launched our online licensing system, and today we’re pleased to issue the first group of temporary licenses to cannabis businesses that fall under the Bureau’s jurisdiction,” Bureau of Cannabis Control Chief Lori Ajax said. “We plan to issue many more before January 1.”
To access the list of 20 licensees, click here – https://aca5.accela.com/bcc/Cap/CapHome.aspx?module=Licenses&ShowMyPermitList=N – and search between the dates 12/15/15 and 1/2/18.
Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or authorization from their local jurisdictions and become effective on January 1, 2018. A temporary license is good for 120 days, after which a permanent license must be obtained.
Those interested in licensure can access the Bureau’s online licensing system at http://online.bcc.ca.gov/. Users are required to register an account on the Bureau’s online self-service portal prior to applying for a license.
To date, more than 1,900 users have registered with the Bureau’s online system, and more than 200 applications have been submitted.
For additional information about the licensing application process, or to subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available, visit http://www.bcc.ca.gov/.
For more information on commercial cannabis licenses for manufacturing, visit the California Department of Public Health website, www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb. Parties interested in applying for a commercial cannabis license for cultivation should go to the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) website, http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/, where the licensing system will be available in late December.
For additional information on all three licensing authorities, please visit the California Cannabis Porta at cannabis.ca.gov. Follow the Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily news and updates.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Humboldt Sheriff’s Office Releases 2018 Weed Raid Stats: 65 Operations, 198,692 Plants Eradicated, $3M Seized
- 2,139 Marijuana Plants Eradicated at Unpermitted Grow in SoHum
- 4,671 Marijuana Plants Eradicated at Unpermitted Grow Ops in SoHum
- Unpermitted SoHum Marijuana Grow Raided; 4,988 Plants Eradicated
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: Cannabis Commerce Descends On Fortuna at HCGA’s ‘Meet the Buyers’ Event
- One Arrested, 10,211 Plants Eradicated During Marijuana Grow Raid Near Dinsmore
- Big SoHum Marijuana Grow Raid; 21,053 Plants Eradicated; Over 3,400 Pounds Destroyed
- Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raid on Berry Summit; 4,834 Plants Eradicated
- Cannabis Law Report: MJ Biz Report That Washington Reverses Position On Edible Candies
- Cannabis Culture: Campers Will Be Able to Smoke Cannabis at Campsites in Canada’s National Parks
- Cannabis Culture: Weed is Legal in Canada Starting This Week
- High Times News: Dispensaries in British Columbia Told to Shut Down Before Legalization
- High Times News: Canadian Schools Struggling With Cannabis Education Ahead of Legalization
- The Cannifornian: Marijuana is emerging among California’s vineyards, offering promise and concern
- Leafly: Legal Cannabis in Northwest Territories: What You Should Know
- The Cannifornian: After 5 code officers lawyer up, city probes whether top officials protected cannabis businesses
- Leafly: Recreational Cannabis Stores in Northwest Territories
- The Cannifornian: North Coast cannabis marketplace sees surge among health and wellness users