WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Friday, Dec. 15, 2017 @ 12:42 p.m.
Weed Feed: (VIDEO) Bureau of Cannabis Control Issues First Commercial Marijuana Licenses for California
The Bureau of Cannabis Control issued California’s first round of commercial weed permits for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories through its new online licensing system last week.
A Facebook video shows BCC employees counting down and cheering as they approved the very first license on Thursday.
“It’s official folks, we’ve just issued our first commercial cannabis temporary license!” the Bureau wrote on Facebook. “Stay tuned for a follow-up post coming shortly.”
So far, 20 businesses have received temporary licenses, none of which seem to be based in Humboldt. But many more licenses are expected to be handed out before January 1, 2018, when Prop. 64 takes effect.
Read more from the BCC press release below:
The Bureau of Cannabis Control (Bureau) today issued the first group of commercial cannabis temporary licenses for retailers, distributors, microbusinesses and testing laboratories via its online licensing system.
“Last week, we officially launched our online licensing system, and today we’re pleased to issue the first group of temporary licenses to cannabis businesses that fall under the Bureau’s jurisdiction,” Bureau of Cannabis Control Chief Lori Ajax said. “We plan to issue many more before January 1.”
To access the list of 20 licensees, click here – https://aca5.accela.com/bcc/Cap/CapHome.aspx?module=Licenses&ShowMyPermitList=N – and search between the dates 12/15/15 and 1/2/18.
Temporary licenses will only be issued to applicants with a valid license, permit or authorization from their local jurisdictions and become effective on January 1, 2018. A temporary license is good for 120 days, after which a permanent license must be obtained.
Those interested in licensure can access the Bureau’s online licensing system at http://online.bcc.ca.gov/. Users are required to register an account on the Bureau’s online self-service portal prior to applying for a license.
To date, more than 1,900 users have registered with the Bureau’s online system, and more than 200 applications have been submitted.
For additional information about the licensing application process, or to subscribe to email alerts to hear about updates as they become available, visit http://www.bcc.ca.gov/.
For more information on commercial cannabis licenses for manufacturing, visit the California Department of Public Health website, www.cdph.ca.gov/mcsb. Parties interested in applying for a commercial cannabis license for cultivation should go to the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) website, http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/, where the licensing system will be available in late December.
For additional information on all three licensing authorities, please visit the California Cannabis Porta at cannabis.ca.gov. Follow the Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily news and updates.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
From the Outpost
- Just ‘Cause Weed’s Legal Now Doesn’t Mean You Can Smoke (or Ingest or Vape) It In Public, Eureka Reminds You
- Water District Says Proposed Mercer-Fraser Marijuana Facility Threatens Health and Safety of Two of Every Three County Residents
- If You Want to Weigh In on the County’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance, Thursday’s Your Chance
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to Rescind Obama-Era Memo Protecting States’ Rights on Marijuana Legalization
- Pair of Local Marijuana Entrepreneurs, Including Founder of Jack’s Hand Cleaner, Busted in Tennessee Airport With More Than 150 Pounds of Weed, Cops Say
- Recreational Weed Sales Are Brisk as Second Humboldt Retail Outlet Gets State License
- (VIDEO) CNBC Show ‘The Profit’ Comes to ‘The Marijuana Capital of America’ (Guess Where That Is)
- Recreational Weed Sales Start Monday Statewide; Here’s Where You Can Buy It Locally
- Cannabis Law Report: Article – Norton Rose Fulbright (Canada): Health Canada’s proposed approach to the regulation of cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: Ontario Considers Licensing Cannabis Lounges
- Cannabis Culture: New York to Look at Legalizing Recreational Marijuana
- The Cannabist: Will medical marijuana make Nebraska's 2018 ballot?
- The Cannabist: Recreational marijuana sales launch in Los Angeles
- The Cannifornian: Cannabis Chicken Matzo Ball Soup to make Bubby jealous
- Leafly: What It’s Like to Get High in a Lloyd Wright House
- Emerald Report: Once pot-friendly Calaveras County in California bans marijuana
- 420 Intel: ECASSOC
- Leafly: What the Federal Shutdown Means for Medical Marijuana