WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 @ 10:04 a.m.
Weed Feed: Planning Commission to Hold Public Cannabis Ordinance Workshops
Whether you have some issues with the proposed Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance revisions, or just want to give public officials a piece of your mind, the County will be holding multiple public CCLUO workshops this month.
Two public hearings will be held at 5 p.m., one on September 7 and another on September 21, to give the public some last-minute chances to be heard before this whole recreational weed thing happens in January.
Some of the key changes that will be discussed are the repeal of the current application deadline, broadening regulations to include recreational cannabis activities, and diversifying/limiting where certain cannabis operations can take place.
A public hearing is also scheduled for October 19 to discuss the ordinance and its Environmental Impact Report before the Planning Commission makes any recommendation to Humboldt’s Board of Supervisors.
Read more in the County presser below.
County of Humboldt press release:
On Sept. 7, and Sept. 21 beginning at 5 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public workshop to review proposed draft revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO). The workshop will include the opportunity for the Planning Commissioners and the public to comment on the proposed draft ordinance, but no action will be taken.
A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19 to consider the ordinance and the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the project, at which time the Planning Commission will consider making its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation;
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized by the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA);
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation may be allowed to occur; Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation; and
The draft ordinance to be reviewed at the workshops is on the county’s website.
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas.
If you have any questions or comments about the draft ordinance, please contact Steven Lazar by phone at 707-268-3741 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Board of Supervisors Chambers
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501Cannabis EIR web page
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
Meet the two guys using armored cars to move money and marijuana across California – legally
Nevada Gaming Commission Reaffirms Ban on Legal Cannabis in Casinos - News | MERRY JANE
What are terpenes and why do they matter when it comes to cannabis? - The Cannifornian
On This Day In 1964, Bob Dylan Introduced The Beatles To Weed And Changed Music Forever
GREEN RUSH DAILY
Netflix promotes ‘Disjointed’ with show-inspired marijuana strains and a pop-up pot dispensary
Flourish Cannabis’s Payton Curry Shares a Summery, Stony Caprese Salad Recipe - Culture | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
From the Outpost
- (VIDEO) Masked Humboldt Pot Growers Dish to ‘Inside Edition’ About Murder Mountain: ‘It Ain’t No Joke’
- Arcata Might Soon Have Two New Places to Buy Legal Weed, Including Pacific Paradise
- Local Cannabis Company Taking Over the Ol’ Kmart Building in Eureka
- (UPDATE) Oregon Marijuana Company Leases 16,000-Square-Foot Bien Padre Factory in Eureka
- Humboldt Man Found Pushing Dolly Full of Weed East on Wyoming Highway
- 16,000 Pounds of Marijuana Seized, Over 30 People Detained at Grow Site East of Honeydew
- Ohio Man Arrested After Deputies Discover 500+ lbs. of Weed, Rifles with High-Capacity Magazines in Weaverville Commercial Building
- CANNABIS CARES: Local Cannabis Businesses Brave Pre-Thanksgiving Rain to Serve Area Homeless
- Marijuana Business Daily: British Columbia last in per-person legal cannabis sales, with few physical stores open
- Leafly: Massachusetts Sees $24M in Legal Cannabis Sales in First 2 months
- High Times News: Woman Arrested For Allegedly Feeding Dog Meth, Weed-Laced Milkshake
- High Times News: Study Shows More People Using Medical Marijuana in Place of Pharmaceuticals
- Leafly: Bloomberg Calls Legalization ‘Stupidest Thing Ever Done’
- Marijuana Business Daily: Law firm analysis: 79% of MA marijuana business contracts with municipalities illegal
- Leafly: New Study on Cannabis and Autism Supports Parents’ Longtime Claims
- Leafly: Did Doug Ford’s Daughter Break The Law by Promoting Illicit CBD Oil?
- Cannabis Law Report: Acreage Fail To Join The Ad Party Of The Year
- Marijuana Business Daily: Behind the Cover: Photos from Marijuana Business Magazine’s January Issue