WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 @ 10:04 a.m.
Weed Feed: Planning Commission to Hold Public Cannabis Ordinance Workshops
Whether you have some issues with the proposed Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance revisions, or just want to give public officials a piece of your mind, the County will be holding multiple public CCLUO workshops this month.
Two public hearings will be held at 5 p.m., one on September 7 and another on September 21, to give the public some last-minute chances to be heard before this whole recreational weed thing happens in January.
Some of the key changes that will be discussed are the repeal of the current application deadline, broadening regulations to include recreational cannabis activities, and diversifying/limiting where certain cannabis operations can take place.
A public hearing is also scheduled for October 19 to discuss the ordinance and its Environmental Impact Report before the Planning Commission makes any recommendation to Humboldt’s Board of Supervisors.
Read more in the County presser below.
County of Humboldt press release:
On Sept. 7, and Sept. 21 beginning at 5 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public workshop to review proposed draft revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO). The workshop will include the opportunity for the Planning Commissioners and the public to comment on the proposed draft ordinance, but no action will be taken.
A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19 to consider the ordinance and the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the project, at which time the Planning Commission will consider making its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation;
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized by the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA);
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation may be allowed to occur; Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation; and
The draft ordinance to be reviewed at the workshops is on the county’s website.
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas.
If you have any questions or comments about the draft ordinance, please contact Steven Lazar by phone at 707-268-3741 or by email at email@example.com.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Board of Supervisors Chambers
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501Cannabis EIR web page
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
Meet the two guys using armored cars to move money and marijuana across California – legally
Nevada Gaming Commission Reaffirms Ban on Legal Cannabis in Casinos - News | MERRY JANE
What are terpenes and why do they matter when it comes to cannabis? - The Cannifornian
On This Day In 1964, Bob Dylan Introduced The Beatles To Weed And Changed Music Forever
GREEN RUSH DAILY
Netflix promotes ‘Disjointed’ with show-inspired marijuana strains and a pop-up pot dispensary
Flourish Cannabis’s Payton Curry Shares a Summery, Stony Caprese Salad Recipe - Culture | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
From the Outpost
- Stats for Humboldt Sheriff’s Office’s Week of Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raids
- More Search Warrants Served, More Marijuana Eradicated at Unpermitted Humboldt Grow Sites
- Humboldt Sheriff’s Office Gets Sassy With Its Hashtags During Unpermitted Weed Grow Raids; 13,000+ Marijuana Plants Eradicated
- Arcata’s New Cannabis Ordinance Goes into Effect Today and It May Allow More Sales Than It Seems
- Humboldt Growers See Opportunity as the State’s New Cannabis Rules Cause Bottlenecks in the Supply Chain
- Humboldt County Gets Its Own Regional Office of the Bureau of Cannabis Control
- 1,924 Marijuana Plants Eradicated, Firearms Seized at Unpermitted Grow Near Dinsmore
- 3,075 Marijuana Plants Eradicated, Firearms Seized, Various Violations Observed, One Arrested During Raid Near Dinsmore
- The Cannifornian: Marijuana suspected after driver rear-ends car with California state controller aboard
- Cannabis Law Report: WSWA (The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America) Press Release Favours States Rights On regulated Cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: ‘Trifecta of Opportunity Within One Plant’: Prairie Hemp Farmers Could Win Big With New Cannabis Rules
- Cannabis Culture: A Bethlehem Woman’s Uneasy Journey From Opioids to Cannabis
- Cannabis Culture: David Staples: New Lamp That Mimics the Sun Has Major Impact on Cannabis Growing
- Merry Jane: Capture Your Kush Lifestyle in MERRY JANE’s Broccoli Bash Challenge With SESH
- Cannabis Law Report: Billboard Report: “Chalice Festival Sues Bureau of Cannabis Control as Weed-Centric Events Battle With Legalization”
- High Times News: First Alcohol Association Supports Recreational Marijuana
- Leafly: The Roll-Up #42: Bugs, Bulldozers, and CBD Porn
- Marijuana Business Daily: Lawsuits filed in Oklahoma target strict new medical marijuana rules