WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 @ 10:04 a.m.
Weed Feed: Planning Commission to Hold Public Cannabis Ordinance Workshops
Whether you have some issues with the proposed Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance revisions, or just want to give public officials a piece of your mind, the County will be holding multiple public CCLUO workshops this month.
Two public hearings will be held at 5 p.m., one on September 7 and another on September 21, to give the public some last-minute chances to be heard before this whole recreational weed thing happens in January.
Some of the key changes that will be discussed are the repeal of the current application deadline, broadening regulations to include recreational cannabis activities, and diversifying/limiting where certain cannabis operations can take place.
A public hearing is also scheduled for October 19 to discuss the ordinance and its Environmental Impact Report before the Planning Commission makes any recommendation to Humboldt’s Board of Supervisors.
Read more in the County presser below.
County of Humboldt press release:
On Sept. 7, and Sept. 21 beginning at 5 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public workshop to review proposed draft revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO). The workshop will include the opportunity for the Planning Commissioners and the public to comment on the proposed draft ordinance, but no action will be taken.
A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19 to consider the ordinance and the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the project, at which time the Planning Commission will consider making its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation;
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized by the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA);
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation may be allowed to occur; Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation; and
The draft ordinance to be reviewed at the workshops is on the county’s website.
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas.
If you have any questions or comments about the draft ordinance, please contact Steven Lazar by phone at 707-268-3741 or by email at email@example.com.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Board of Supervisors Chambers
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501Cannabis EIR web page
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
Meet the two guys using armored cars to move money and marijuana across California – legally
Nevada Gaming Commission Reaffirms Ban on Legal Cannabis in Casinos - News | MERRY JANE
What are terpenes and why do they matter when it comes to cannabis? - The Cannifornian
On This Day In 1964, Bob Dylan Introduced The Beatles To Weed And Changed Music Forever
GREEN RUSH DAILY
Netflix promotes ‘Disjointed’ with show-inspired marijuana strains and a pop-up pot dispensary
Flourish Cannabis’s Payton Curry Shares a Summery, Stony Caprese Salad Recipe - Culture | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
- October 18 Episode
- How Much Money?
From the Outpost
- People on the Street: Is 420 Still a Thing?
- Happy 4/20! Supervisor Estelle Fennell Elected President of Multi-County California Cannabis Authority
- (UPDATE: NOT YET) Busting Pot Farms From Space: Supervisors (MAY) Approve Contract With Company Offering High-Res Satellite Imagery to Assist With Code Enforcement
- County Supervisors Ease Tax Burden on Weed Growers, Hire Attorneys to Sue Big Pharma’s Opioid Manufacturers
- Here’s What People Had to Say About the County’s Comprehensive New Weed Ordinance, Including the Proposed Cultivation Permit Cap
- County Supervisors Met Monday to Start Deliberating on Proposed New Weed Regs, Including a Permit Cap
- California Has Already Issued More than 2,000 Cannabis Cultivation Licenses. Are Growers Being Set Up to Fail?
- Two New Weed Stores on Eureka’s Fourth Street? City Council Set to Move Forward at Next’s Week’s Meeting
- Leafly: Tips for Improving Your Cannabis Soil on a Budget
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana-infused products maker Dixie Brands lands $4M in funding
- Leafly: 12 Sugar-Free Cannabis Edibles for a Healthier High
- High Times News: Missouri House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill
- Cannabis Culture: Here Are America’s Best and Worst Governors on Weed
- The Cannifornian: Capitol Tracker: Cannabis banking, special event bills advance
- Marijuana Business Daily: Health Canada ‘open’ to medical marijuana sales through pharmacies
- High Times News: Kris Jenner Smokes A Joint on Camera
- Leafly: YouTube Continues its Cannabis Purge and Nobody Knows Why
- Leafly: Missouri House Moves to Legalize Medical Marijuana