WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 @ 10:04 a.m.
Weed Feed: Planning Commission to Hold Public Cannabis Ordinance Workshops
Whether you have some issues with the proposed Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance revisions, or just want to give public officials a piece of your mind, the County will be holding multiple public CCLUO workshops this month.
Two public hearings will be held at 5 p.m., one on September 7 and another on September 21, to give the public some last-minute chances to be heard before this whole recreational weed thing happens in January.
Some of the key changes that will be discussed are the repeal of the current application deadline, broadening regulations to include recreational cannabis activities, and diversifying/limiting where certain cannabis operations can take place.
A public hearing is also scheduled for October 19 to discuss the ordinance and its Environmental Impact Report before the Planning Commission makes any recommendation to Humboldt’s Board of Supervisors.
Read more in the County presser below.
County of Humboldt press release:
On Sept. 7, and Sept. 21 beginning at 5 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public workshop to review proposed draft revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO). The workshop will include the opportunity for the Planning Commissioners and the public to comment on the proposed draft ordinance, but no action will be taken.
A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19 to consider the ordinance and the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the project, at which time the Planning Commission will consider making its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation;
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized by the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA);
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation may be allowed to occur; Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation; and
The draft ordinance to be reviewed at the workshops is on the county’s website.
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas.
If you have any questions or comments about the draft ordinance, please contact Steven Lazar by phone at 707-268-3741 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Board of Supervisors Chambers
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501Cannabis EIR web page
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
Meet the two guys using armored cars to move money and marijuana across California – legally
Nevada Gaming Commission Reaffirms Ban on Legal Cannabis in Casinos - News | MERRY JANE
What are terpenes and why do they matter when it comes to cannabis? - The Cannifornian
On This Day In 1964, Bob Dylan Introduced The Beatles To Weed And Changed Music Forever
GREEN RUSH DAILY
Netflix promotes ‘Disjointed’ with show-inspired marijuana strains and a pop-up pot dispensary
Flourish Cannabis’s Payton Curry Shares a Summery, Stony Caprese Salad Recipe - Culture | MERRY JANE
The Humboldt Chronicles
- October 21 Show
- September 16 Show
- August 19 Show
- July 20 Show
- May 20 Show
- March 18 Show
- February 19 Show
- January 15 Show
From the Outpost
- (VIDEO) Did You Even Know You Can Jump Your Bike Over Weed?
- TODAY in SUPES: Blue Lake Cannabis Farm Supported by Industry Colleagues But Vehemently Opposed by Neighbors
- Humboldt Has a Bunch of State Money to Promote Equity in the Cannabis Industry. So Where is It?
- Multiple Agencies Eradicate 136,262 Cannabis Plants at Illegal Operations Near Humboldt/Trinity County Line
- County Awards $180,000 in Cannabis Micro-Grants via Project Trellis
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Wikileaf: What is Whole Spectrum Hemp Extract?
- High Times News: Report Finds Legal Cannabis Could Bring Texas $500M In Annual Tax Revenue
- High Times News: Report Shows Almost Half of Cannabis Users are Over 40
- High Times News: Brock Pierce: The Revolutionary Going for the White House
- Wikileaf: 1970s Hippie Weed: Why Today’s Cannabis is Better
- High Times News: Mississippi Marijuana Initiative Group Gets Cease & Desist Letter From Trump Campaign
- High Times News: Remembering Kottonmouth Kings’ Saint Dog: October 21, 1975 – October 13, 2020
- High Times News: Cannabis Firms Celebrate Día De Muertos 2020
- Wikileaf: What is THC-V? Can it Get You High?
- High Times News: Study Shows Teen Tobacco and Cannabis Vaping Follow Similar Pattern