WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 9:54 a.m.
Weed Feed: President Trump Commits to Protecting States’ Marijuana Rights, Colorado Senator Says
Sen. Cory Gardner (left), President Trump (right) | Wikimedia.
President Donald Trump said he will support congressional efforts to protect states’ rights to legalize marijuana, according to Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner.
“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” Gardner is quoted as saying in a press release Friday. “Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.”
Trump’s word comes after Gardner vowed to place a hold on all Department of Justice nominees until he received a commitment that state marijuana rights would not be infringed.
“Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees,” the Republican senator said. “My colleagues and I are continuing to work diligently on a bipartisan legislative solution that can pass Congress and head to the President’s desk to deliver on his campaign position.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- September 16 Show
- August 19 Show
- July 20 Show
- May 20 Show
- March 18 Show
- February 19 Show
- January 15 Show
- November 20 Show
From the Outpost
- TODAY in SUPES: Blue Lake Cannabis Farm Supported by Industry Colleagues But Vehemently Opposed by Neighbors
- Humboldt Has a Bunch of State Money to Promote Equity in the Cannabis Industry. So Where is It?
- Multiple Agencies Eradicate 136,262 Cannabis Plants at Illegal Operations Near Humboldt/Trinity County Line
- County Awards $180,000 in Cannabis Micro-Grants via Project Trellis
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- High Times News: Study Shines Light On Women Who Use Cannabis To Cope With Effects of Menopause
- High Times News: The First Trump/Biden Presidential Debate: Who Is This For?
- High Times News: Minority Grant Finalists In California Cannabis Competition Are Mostly Women
- High Times News: New House Pandemic Relief Bill Includes Cannabis Banking Provisions
- Wikileaf: Oregonians to Vote on Legalizing Psilocybin Therapy
- High Times News: New Bill Would Give Cannabis Businesses Emergency Relief Access
- Wikileaf: Idaho’s 2020 Weed Laws. Yup, it’s Still Illegal
- High Times News: The Winners of The Cannabis Cup Illinois: People’s Choice Edition 2020
- High Times News: Michigan May Be The Next State To Clear Cannabis Convictions
- Wikileaf: Why Weed Was Called “The Devil’s Lettuce”