WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 9:54 a.m.
Weed Feed: President Trump Commits to Protecting States’ Marijuana Rights, Colorado Senator Says
Sen. Cory Gardner (left), President Trump (right) | Wikimedia.
President Donald Trump said he will support congressional efforts to protect states’ rights to legalize marijuana, according to Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner.
“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” Gardner is quoted as saying in a press release Friday. “Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.”
Trump’s word comes after Gardner vowed to place a hold on all Department of Justice nominees until he received a commitment that state marijuana rights would not be infringed.
“Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees,” the Republican senator said. “My colleagues and I are continuing to work diligently on a bipartisan legislative solution that can pass Congress and head to the President’s desk to deliver on his campaign position.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: At Last Week’s ‘Seed to Sale’ Cannabis Business Event in Fortuna
- Weed Growers Without Permits Can Expect Detailed Abatement Letters This Year, County Says
- Panel Discussion at HSU Will Look at Netflix’s Murder Mountain and Media Representations of Humboldt County
- Marijuana Business Daily: Will California marijuana excise tax go up July 1?
- Cannabis Law Report: Bob Hoban Clocks Up The Air Miles..
- Cannabis Law Report: ORCA March 2019 Newsletter Provides Exhaustive Overview of State Legislative Developments & OLCC Rules, Regs & Education Programs
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon: OLCC Decisions & Fines 23 March 2019
- Leafly: Cannabis Out! New York Drops Legalization From Budget Bill
- High Times News: Alabama Lawmakers Pushing to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: Guernsey releases marijuana regulations, licenses first business
- Leafly: Louisiana Takes a Step Toward Finally Delivering Medical Marijuana
- Leafly: Hot New Cannabis Products Promise to Dial in Effects
- Marijuana Business Daily: Romania considering legalization of medical cannabis