WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 9:54 a.m.
Weed Feed: President Trump Commits to Protecting States’ Marijuana Rights, Colorado Senator Says
Sen. Cory Gardner (left), President Trump (right) | Wikimedia.
President Donald Trump said he will support congressional efforts to protect states’ rights to legalize marijuana, according to Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner.
“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” Gardner is quoted as saying in a press release Friday. “Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.”
Trump’s word comes after Gardner vowed to place a hold on all Department of Justice nominees until he received a commitment that state marijuana rights would not be infringed.
“Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees,” the Republican senator said. “My colleagues and I are continuing to work diligently on a bipartisan legislative solution that can pass Congress and head to the President’s desk to deliver on his campaign position.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- Measure S Suspension
- A Conversation With Mark Lovelace
- Co-Ops And Competitiveness
- A Look At Distribution
- August 18 Show
- July 21 Show
- June 16 Show
- May 19 Show
From the Outpost
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Methods of Cannabis Consumption
- (PHOTOS) ‘SUSPEND MEASURE S’: Humboldt Cannabis Community Rallies For Financial Relief From Cultivation Taxes
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: A Falling Tide Sinks All Ships
- Supervisors Split Over Whether Planning Commission Should Tighten Cannabis Rules for Generators, Water Use and Roads
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Can Industrial Hemp Save the Planet?
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Legacy Farmers
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Cannabis Taxes and the Illicit Market
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Right Now, the Economic Outlook for Humboldt County Seems Pretty Bleak
- Leafly: This CBD subscription service keeps you stocked with the good stuff
- High Times News: Arizona Cannabis Generates Over $1B of Revenue in 2021
- High Times News: Rhode Island Budget Proposal Seeks Recreational Cannabis Legalization
- High Times News: Mississippi Takes Another Step Toward Allowing Medical Cannabis
- Cannabis Law Report: USA – San Diego: The National Interdisciplinary Cannabis Symposium – Agenda & Registration Details
- The Emerald Magazine : The Psychedelics Movement Could be Hitting Your State or City Soon
- The Emerald Magazine : New Study Adds to Growing Evidence Suggesting Cannabis Prevents COVID-19
- Cannabis Law Report: Colorado: Lawsuit Alleges Machine Seller Misled Hemp Co.
- High Times News: Brand Spotlight: 710 LABS
- The Emerald Magazine : Cali Sober: Finding Balance With Less Alcohol