WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- July 20 Show
- May 20 Show
- March 18 Show
- February 19 Show
- January 15 Show
- November 20 Show
- October 16 Show
- September 18 Show
From the Outpost
- Humboldt Has a Bunch of State Money to Promote Equity in the Cannabis Industry. So Where is It?
- Multiple Agencies Eradicate 136,262 Cannabis Plants at Illegal Operations Near Humboldt/Trinity County Line
- County Awards $180,000 in Cannabis Micro-Grants via Project Trellis
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- Attention Un-permitted Small-Scale Weed Farmers: You Can Still Get Your Application Processed in Time for 2020 Grow Season, County Says
- High Times News: Arizona Legalization Initiative Survives Lawsuit
- High Times News: Canada is Allowing Psilocybin Access For Terminally Ill Patients
- High Times News: New Documentary Explores The Science Of Medical Cannabis
- Wikileaf: Study: Boomers and Millennials Agree On Cannabis
- High Times News: California Cities Bring Forth Lawsuit Over Home Delivery Rule
- High Times News: Study Finds Reduced Opioid Use Among Chronic Pain Patients Who Use Cannabis
- Wikileaf: Can You Smoke Weed Out of a Hookah?
- High Times News: Study Shows Similarities in Millennial and Boomer Cannabis Preferences
- High Times News: San Diego County Declines To End Cannabis Ban
- Wikileaf: How To Make a Banana Pipe