WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- 1,888 Marijuana Plants Seized, Two Arrested During Grow-Op Raid On Public Lands Near Trinity Alps
- 60,000+ Marijuana Plants, 3,500+ Pounds of Processed Bud Seized During Sizable Law Enforcement Operation in Trinity County
- (UPDATE) Marijuana Grow Neighboring Arcata’s Jacoby Creek Community Forest Causes Logistical Nightmare for Government Agencies; City Expresses Concerns About Owner’s Sketchy History
- (VIDEO) PBS NewsHour Looks at Craft Cannabis in the Emerald Triangle
- ‘OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP’: National Guard Will Also Assist in This Week’s Raids on Illegal Mendocino Marijuana Grow Sites
- (VIDEO) Sheriff Honsal to Unpermitted Marijuana Growers: ‘We are Coming’
- BECAUSE WEED? Old Town’s ‘Because Coffee’ Closing This Weekend, Will Likely Be Replaced by Cannabis Smoking Lounge
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- The Emerald Magazine : Does Cannabis Boost the Negative Side Effects of Drinking?
- Marijuana Business Daily: FBI scrutiny of corruption in US cannabis industry welcomed by some, scorned by others
- Marijuana Business Daily: Solving Uruguay’s adult-use cannabis supply shortfall and anticipating first medical exports: Q&A with attorney Daniel Podestá
- Cannabis Law Report: Prohibition Partners Publish, “The Cannabis Legal Report”
- Cannabis Law Report: Will South Dakota Really Sentence Colorado Man For 36 Years For What He Says Was Hemp Delivery
- Cannabis Law Report: CA high court medical cannabis ruling unlikely to cause major disruption to industry, key attorney says
- The Emerald Magazine : Levi Introduces “Cottonized” Hemp
- Leafly: North Carolina House OKs Ban on Smokable Hemp
- Marijuana Business Daily: Investor Intelligence to host exclusive webcast on Q2 cannabis investing trends
- High Times News: Court in Mexico City Rules Two People Should Be Allowed to Use Cocaine