WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- September 16 Show
- August 19 Show
- July 20 Show
- May 20 Show
- March 18 Show
- February 19 Show
- January 15 Show
- November 20 Show
From the Outpost
- TODAY in SUPES: Blue Lake Cannabis Farm Supported by Industry Colleagues But Vehemently Opposed by Neighbors
- Humboldt Has a Bunch of State Money to Promote Equity in the Cannabis Industry. So Where is It?
- Multiple Agencies Eradicate 136,262 Cannabis Plants at Illegal Operations Near Humboldt/Trinity County Line
- County Awards $180,000 in Cannabis Micro-Grants via Project Trellis
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- High Times News: Minority Grant Finalists In California Cannabis Competition Are Mostly Women
- High Times News: New House Pandemic Relief Bill Includes Cannabis Banking Provisions
- Wikileaf: Oregonians to Vote on Legalizing Psilocybin Therapy
- High Times News: New Bill Would Give Cannabis Businesses Emergency Relief Access
- Wikileaf: Idaho’s 2020 Weed Laws. Yup, it’s Still Illegal
- High Times News: The Winners of The Cannabis Cup Illinois: People’s Choice Edition 2020
- High Times News: Michigan May Be The Next State To Clear Cannabis Convictions
- Wikileaf: Why Weed Was Called “The Devil’s Lettuce”
- High Times News: Navajo Nation Leaders Shut Down Alleged Hemp Cultivation On Tribal Land
- High Times News: Cash No Longer Necessary for Utah Cannabis Patients