WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- November 20 Show
- October 16 Show
- September 18 Show
- August 21 Show
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
From the Outpost
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- Attention Un-permitted Small-Scale Weed Farmers: You Can Still Get Your Application Processed in Time for 2020 Grow Season, County Says
- OPERATION ‘GREEN WAVE’: One Arrested at Unpermitted Grow Off Highway 36
- Did You Mean to Get Your Cannabis Cultivation Permit But Just, Like, SPACED IT? You Have Three Months to Un-Space Yourself
- OPERATION ‘WILD FISHER’: Weeklong Trespass Grow Cleanup Operation Hauls Tons of Trash, Miles of Water Lines Out of the Trinity Alps Wilderness
- Cannabis Law Report: NY Hemp Arrestee,Ronan Levy Seek $10 Million Compensation From NYPD
- Cannabis Law Report: EU Court Decision Says Cannabis Products Cannot Be Granted Trademarks
- Cannabis Law Report: Author Fined $US4.1 Million By SEC For Spruiking Israeli Cannabis Outfit
- Wikileaf: What Is Shatter and How Do You Make It?
- The Cannifornian: California’s budding cannabis industry prepares for another hit
- Leafly: Virginia jump-starts cannabis reform effort: No more ‘baby steps,’ lawmakers say
- High Times News: MLB To Remove Cannabis From List Of Abused Drugs, Will Test For Opioids And Cocaine
- Wikileaf: Same Day Cannabis Delivery Being Tested in Toronto
- High Times News: Peru Effectively Launches Its Medical Marijuana Program
- Leafly: Leafly’s faves 2019: cannabis vaporizers