WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- ‘OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP’: National Guard Will Also Assist in This Week’s Raids on Illegal Mendocino Marijuana Grow Sites
- (VIDEO) Sheriff Honsal to Unpermitted Marijuana Growers: ‘We are Coming’
- BECAUSE WEED? Old Town’s ‘Because Coffee’ Closing This Weekend, Will Likely Be Replaced by Cannabis Smoking Lounge
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Marijuana Business Daily: New Hampshire governor rejects medical cannabis expansion bill
- High Times News: Someone Planted 34 Cannabis Plants in the Vermont Statehouse Flower Beds
- Wikileaf: CBD Water Is Legit
- Marijuana Business Daily: Utah delays awarding medicinal marijuana cultivation licenses
- High Times News: New Bill Ensures Some Retroactive Drug War Justice for New Hampshire
- Leafly: Beer Brewers on New Cannabis Beers: ‘They Should Just Stop’
- Leafly: Competition to Grow Medical Cannabis in Utah Heats Up
- Leafly: Kamala Harris Evolved Slowly on Legalization, but She’s All About It Now
- Cannabis Law Report: Hoban Law Launch Cannabis Compliance and Regulation courses on Green Flower Media Platform
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana Business This Week: Utah selects growers, CBD comment period ends, NJ to post MMJ apps & more