WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 3, 2018 @ 8:46 a.m.
Weed Feed: Industrial Hemp Legalization Included in 2018 Farm Bill
A provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the final version of the 2018 Farm Bill, a general piece of legislation renewed every few years that provides billions of dollars in federal aid to farmers and impoverished Americans.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced that the bill was agreed upon by Republican and Democratic parties on Thursday.
“Pleased that my provision to legalize industrial hemp is included in the Farm Bill,” McConnell tweeted last week.
Marijuana Moment reports that lawmakers are hoping to pass the bill before the end of the year, after making a few more changes to the legalease.
According to VoteHemp.com, the bill defines “hemp” as the entire plant, including seeds and extracts that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. The nonprofit advocacy organization also reports that the provision would remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
If passed, the bill will be sent to President Trump for final approval.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
From the Outpost
- Arcata-Based Cannabis Start-up Offers Steep Discounts Through Costco-Like Membership Model
- Eureka City Council Passes Ordinance Allowing Cannabis Smoking Lounges in the City
- Supes Give Cannabis Farmers a Tax Break, But Statewide Overproduction Could Spell Doom for Many Growers
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon Cannabis Legislation Update
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon: OLCC Latest Marijuana Licensee Stipulated Settlements
- Leafly: Carl’s Jr. CBD Burgers Go Over Big in Denver
- Marijuana Business Daily: Ways for marijuana firms to protect their stocks from short sellers
- Cannabis Law Report: Sol Global Chairman Andy Defrancesco sued for Defamation by Cannabis Research Firm: $SOLCF
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday in Canada
- Marijuana Business Daily: Cannabis business ties can lead to citizenship denial, immigration agency says
- Leafly: Chronic Chronology: Great Moments in 4/20 History
- Marijuana Business Daily: CA marijuana regulators, L.A. officials launch 4/20 push backing legal retailers