WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Dec. 31, 2018 @ 10:16 a.m.
Weed Feed: Top Marijuana Stories of 2018
2018 was a big year for the weed, especially here in California, where recreational pot became legal for the first time.
Before we move forward with a new year of weed-related news, here’s a look back at the 10 most viewed Weed Feed articles of 2018.
- Seven of 10 Northern Spotted Owls Test Positive for Rat Poison From Marijuana Grows, Study Finds
- Football Recruit Declared Ineligible by NCAA for Using CBD Oil to Treat Epilepsy
- Humboldt County Grower Culture Meets Vanity for Web Series ‘Canna Cribs’
- Mike Tyson Breaks Ground on California Cannabis Resort
- Growers Arrested for Refusing to Leave Mendo Complex Fire Evacuation Zone, Caused Firefighters to Divert Air Drops
- A Gram of Bud Costs Less Than $5 in Oregon Thanks to Overproduction
- California Girl Scout Stirs Controversy By Selling 312 Boxes of Cookies In Front of San Diego Pot Shop; In Humboldt It’s No Big Deal
- Expect Gangbuster Deals at California Dispensaries Until July 1; Stores Required to Sell or Toss Old Supplies to Meet State Regulations
- Marijuana More Damaging to Teen Brains Than Alcohol, New Study Finds
- Oregon Marijuana Growers Turn to CBD Oil as Bud Prices Plummet
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: At Last Week’s ‘Seed to Sale’ Cannabis Business Event in Fortuna
- Weed Growers Without Permits Can Expect Detailed Abatement Letters This Year, County Says
- Panel Discussion at HSU Will Look at Netflix’s Murder Mountain and Media Representations of Humboldt County
- Marijuana Business Daily: Will California marijuana excise tax go up July 1?
- Cannabis Law Report: Bob Hoban Clocks Up The Air Miles..
- Cannabis Law Report: ORCA March 2019 Newsletter Provides Exhaustive Overview of State Legislative Developments & OLCC Rules, Regs & Education Programs
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon: OLCC Decisions & Fines 23 March 2019
- Leafly: Cannabis Out! New York Drops Legalization From Budget Bill
- High Times News: Alabama Lawmakers Pushing to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: Guernsey releases marijuana regulations, licenses first business
- Leafly: Louisiana Takes a Step Toward Finally Delivering Medical Marijuana
- Leafly: Hot New Cannabis Products Promise to Dial in Effects
- Marijuana Business Daily: Romania considering legalization of medical cannabis