WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 8 @ 8:43 a.m.
Weed Feed: Mike Tyson Breaks Ground on California Cannabis Resort
Recreational weed is officially legal in the Golden State, and investors from all walks of life are hustling to strike it rich in what’s being called California’s “Green Rush.”
The celebrity news website The Blast reports that former heavyweight-champion boxer “Iron” Mike Tyson is the latest prominent name to stake a claim in California’s budding weed game.
The Blast reports that Tyson broken ground at a location 60 miles southwest of Death Valley National Park last month, where he plans to build “Tyson Ranch.” The 20-acre ranch will reportedly have a Hydro-feed plant and supply store, an extraction facility, an edible factory, upscale campsites, an amphitheater and a “cultivation school to teach growers the latest and greatest ways to perfect their own strains.”
Many local recreational-pot supporters are hoping cannabis tourism can one day be a significant source of revenue for Humboldt County, similar to that of California’s wine country.
But the feasibility of Humboldt’s cannabis tourism market is still unknown, as Humboldt is now just one of many California counties openly growing weed.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Humboldt Sheriff’s Office Releases 2018 Weed Raid Stats: 65 Operations, 198,692 Plants Eradicated, $3M Seized
- 2,139 Marijuana Plants Eradicated at Unpermitted Grow in SoHum
- 4,671 Marijuana Plants Eradicated at Unpermitted Grow Ops in SoHum
- Unpermitted SoHum Marijuana Grow Raided; 4,988 Plants Eradicated
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: Cannabis Commerce Descends On Fortuna at HCGA’s ‘Meet the Buyers’ Event
- One Arrested, 10,211 Plants Eradicated During Marijuana Grow Raid Near Dinsmore
- Big SoHum Marijuana Grow Raid; 21,053 Plants Eradicated; Over 3,400 Pounds Destroyed
- Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raid on Berry Summit; 4,834 Plants Eradicated
- Cannabis Law Report: MJ Biz Report That Washington Reverses Position On Edible Candies
- Cannabis Culture: Campers Will Be Able to Smoke Cannabis at Campsites in Canada’s National Parks
- Cannabis Culture: Weed is Legal in Canada Starting This Week
- High Times News: Dispensaries in British Columbia Told to Shut Down Before Legalization
- High Times News: Canadian Schools Struggling With Cannabis Education Ahead of Legalization
- The Cannifornian: Marijuana is emerging among California’s vineyards, offering promise and concern
- Leafly: Legal Cannabis in Northwest Territories: What You Should Know
- The Cannifornian: After 5 code officers lawyer up, city probes whether top officials protected cannabis businesses
- Leafly: Recreational Cannabis Stores in Northwest Territories
- The Cannifornian: North Coast cannabis marketplace sees surge among health and wellness users