WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 8 @ 8:43 a.m.
Weed Feed: Mike Tyson Breaks Ground on California Cannabis Resort
Recreational weed is officially legal in the Golden State, and investors from all walks of life are hustling to strike it rich in what’s being called California’s “Green Rush.”
The celebrity news website The Blast reports that former heavyweight-champion boxer “Iron” Mike Tyson is the latest prominent name to stake a claim in California’s budding weed game.
The Blast reports that Tyson broken ground at a location 60 miles southwest of Death Valley National Park last month, where he plans to build “Tyson Ranch.” The 20-acre ranch will reportedly have a Hydro-feed plant and supply store, an extraction facility, an edible factory, upscale campsites, an amphitheater and a “cultivation school to teach growers the latest and greatest ways to perfect their own strains.”
Many local recreational-pot supporters are hoping cannabis tourism can one day be a significant source of revenue for Humboldt County, similar to that of California’s wine country.
But the feasibility of Humboldt’s cannabis tourism market is still unknown, as Humboldt is now just one of many California counties openly growing weed.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
- October 18 Episode
- How Much Money?
From the Outpost
- People on the Street: Is 420 Still a Thing?
- Happy 4/20! Supervisor Estelle Fennell Elected President of Multi-County California Cannabis Authority
- (UPDATE: NOT YET) Busting Pot Farms From Space: Supervisors (MAY) Approve Contract With Company Offering High-Res Satellite Imagery to Assist With Code Enforcement
- County Supervisors Ease Tax Burden on Weed Growers, Hire Attorneys to Sue Big Pharma’s Opioid Manufacturers
- Here’s What People Had to Say About the County’s Comprehensive New Weed Ordinance, Including the Proposed Cultivation Permit Cap
- County Supervisors Met Monday to Start Deliberating on Proposed New Weed Regs, Including a Permit Cap
- California Has Already Issued More than 2,000 Cannabis Cultivation Licenses. Are Growers Being Set Up to Fail?
- Two New Weed Stores on Eureka’s Fourth Street? City Council Set to Move Forward at Next’s Week’s Meeting
- Leafly: Tips for Improving Your Cannabis Soil on a Budget
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana-infused products maker Dixie Brands lands $4M in funding
- Leafly: 12 Sugar-Free Cannabis Edibles for a Healthier High
- High Times News: Missouri House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill
- Cannabis Culture: Here Are America’s Best and Worst Governors on Weed
- The Cannifornian: Capitol Tracker: Cannabis banking, special event bills advance
- Marijuana Business Daily: Health Canada ‘open’ to medical marijuana sales through pharmacies
- High Times News: Kris Jenner Smokes A Joint on Camera
- Leafly: YouTube Continues its Cannabis Purge and Nobody Knows Why
- Leafly: Missouri House Moves to Legalize Medical Marijuana