WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, June 11, 2018 @ 10:29 a.m.
(VIDEO) Weed Feed: Stoner Goes Viral Taking Drone-Operated Bong Loads to the Dome
Mercer slips the surly bongs of Earth | Video from Mercer’s Instagram account.
Americans have long dared to test the limits of human aviation: the Wright brothers’ first flight, Amelia Earhart’s journey across the Atlantic, Chuck Yeager breaking through the sound barrier.
Now the limits of flight are being tested once again, by self-proclaimed stoner Eric Mercer, who’s recently become a bit of a viral sensation by using drones to get high.
The Maine resident racked up more than a million hits this week (not those kind of hits) on the above video of him piloting, lighting and smoking a flying bong. It’s the latest of Mercer’s many drone themed weed videos, which he began recording last year after his first “Drone Joint” video.
A flying joint.
Marijuana Moment reports that Mercer, who works in the marijuana industry, is in the process of creating a new Instagram account dedicated solely to drone-related doobagery.
“[The inspiration for making the videos] was just a passion for drones, a passion for being creative, and wanting to come up with cool, new things to show people on Instagram,” Mercer told Marijuana Moment.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- November 20 Show
- October 16 Show
- September 18 Show
- August 21 Show
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
From the Outpost
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- Attention Un-permitted Small-Scale Weed Farmers: You Can Still Get Your Application Processed in Time for 2020 Grow Season, County Says
- OPERATION ‘GREEN WAVE’: One Arrested at Unpermitted Grow Off Highway 36
- Did You Mean to Get Your Cannabis Cultivation Permit But Just, Like, SPACED IT? You Have Three Months to Un-Space Yourself
- OPERATION ‘WILD FISHER’: Weeklong Trespass Grow Cleanup Operation Hauls Tons of Trash, Miles of Water Lines Out of the Trinity Alps Wilderness
- Cannabis Law Report: NY Hemp Arrestee,Ronan Levy Seek $10 Million Compensation From NYPD
- Cannabis Law Report: EU Court Decision Says Cannabis Products Cannot Be Granted Trademarks
- Cannabis Law Report: Author Fined $US4.1 Million By SEC For Spruiking Israeli Cannabis Outfit
- Wikileaf: What Is Shatter and How Do You Make It?
- The Cannifornian: California’s budding cannabis industry prepares for another hit
- Leafly: Virginia jump-starts cannabis reform effort: No more ‘baby steps,’ lawmakers say
- High Times News: MLB To Remove Cannabis From List Of Abused Drugs, Will Test For Opioids And Cocaine
- Wikileaf: Same Day Cannabis Delivery Being Tested in Toronto
- High Times News: Peru Effectively Launches Its Medical Marijuana Program
- Leafly: Leafly’s faves 2019: cannabis vaporizers