WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, March 5 @ 10:30 a.m.
Weed Feed: Cash Prizes Offered to Weed-Inspired Artists Who Want Their Art Featured on Cannabis Products
A 2017 “High Art” finalist.
A Northern California cannabis company is offering a $15,000 grand prize to the artist who submits the best weed-inspired art for its fifth annual “High Art” competition.
But there’s a catch, the winning artworks will be featured on the company’s line of products. So if that makes you feel like a sellout, man, this contest probably isn’t for you.
To enter the competition, click this link and follow the submission guidelines. This year’s contest theme is “freedom.” All artwork must be submitted by the March 20 deadline.
Click here to see submissions from this year’s ongoing contest.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- February 21 Show
- January 17 Show
- December 20 Episode
- November 15 Episode
- October 18 Episode
- How Much Money?
From the Outpost
- Here’s What People Had to Say About the County’s Comprehensive New Weed Ordinance, Including the Proposed Cultivation Permit Cap
- County Supervisors Met Monday to Start Deliberating on Proposed New Weed Regs, Including a Permit Cap
- California Has Already Issued More than 2,000 Cannabis Cultivation Licenses. Are Growers Being Set Up to Fail?
- Two New Weed Stores on Eureka’s Fourth Street? City Council Set to Move Forward at Next’s Week’s Meeting
- Legal Weed Summit to Be Held in Ukiah Next Week; McGuire, Wood Will Host ‘First 60 Days of Prop 64’ Hearing
- ‘You Are Sucking Us Dry’: Growers Descend on Supervisors Meeting to Protest Cannabis Fees, Taxes
- California Growers Association Sues State Over Loophole in Pot Farm Size Limits
- Just ‘Cause Weed’s Legal Now Doesn’t Mean You Can Smoke (or Ingest or Vape) It In Public, Eureka Reminds You
- Leafly: The Latest in Cannabis Research: Spring 2018
- Leafly: Utah OKs Limited Medical Marijuana Law for Terminally Ill
- Merry Jane: Putt, Puff, Cat: Frisbee F.D. Engages in Some High-Stakes Ganja Golf in This Week's Comic
- Cannabis Law Report: Does CO HB18-1187 Give The Greenlight To GW Pharma In The State
- The Cannifornian: New Sessions memo pushes death penalty for big drug dealers. That could include legal marijuana business owners.
- Marijuana Business Daily: Maine’s largest hemp grower eyes blueberry plant for processing site
- Merry Jane: Indiana Legalizes Medical CBD Oil, Again
- Merry Jane: New Federal Budget Bill Contains Protections for Medical Cannabis Industry
- Marijuana Business Daily: New federal budget bill includes medical marijuana protections
- The Cannifornian: Ricky Williams defies ‘pothead’ label to reinvent his cannabis-selling self