WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 @ 9:09 a.m.
Weed Feed: Watch Joe Rogan Peer Pressure Elon Musk Into Hitting a Blunt
The full interview (forwarded to the moment Musk smokes a fatty).
Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire known for developing reusable rockets and blasting a car into space, recently showed that no matter how successful we are in life, we’re always susceptible to peer pressure.
Renowned comedian and broadcaster Joe Rogan persuaded the Tesla and SpaceX CEO to smoke weed during his podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” on Thursday. The moment came two hours and 10 minutes into the broadcast when Rogan sparked up a blunt.
“Is that a joint or is it a cigar?” Musk asked, watching Rogan take the first hit.
“It’s marijuana inside of tobacco, you ever had that?” Rogan responded.
“Yeah, I think I tried one once,” Musk said.
The entire interview was broadcast live to YouTube, and has since racked up more than eight million views and made national headlines after Rogan pressured Musk into hitting the blunt live on the internet.
“You probably can’t because of stockholders right?” Rogan said during the interview, seemingly egging Musk on.
“I mean it’s legal, right?” Musk asked as he took the blunt from Rogan, sniffing it curiously before taking a puff.
The incident reportedly caused Tesla stock to take a nosedive before it rebounded this morning. The U.S. Air Force, which uses SpaceX technology, is reportedly also a bit uneasy about the incident. An Air Force official told The Verge that the military branch is trying to figure out how to handle Musk’s recent pot use.
“It’s inaccurate that there is an investigation,” an Air Force spokesperson told The Verge Friday. “We’ll need time to determine the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”
Musk recently made Humboldt headlines when he contacted the Arcata company Wing Inflatables in hopes of developing a device to rescue the youth soccer team that was trapped inside a cave in Thailand for more than two weeks in July.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
From the Outpost
- Arcata-Based Cannabis Start-up Offers Steep Discounts Through Costco-Like Membership Model
- Eureka City Council Passes Ordinance Allowing Cannabis Smoking Lounges in the City
- Supes Give Cannabis Farmers a Tax Break, But Statewide Overproduction Could Spell Doom for Many Growers
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon Cannabis Legislation Update
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon: OLCC Latest Marijuana Licensee Stipulated Settlements
- Leafly: Carl’s Jr. CBD Burgers Go Over Big in Denver
- Marijuana Business Daily: Ways for marijuana firms to protect their stocks from short sellers
- Cannabis Law Report: Sol Global Chairman Andy Defrancesco sued for Defamation by Cannabis Research Firm: $SOLCF
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday in Canada
- Marijuana Business Daily: Cannabis business ties can lead to citizenship denial, immigration agency says
- Leafly: Chronic Chronology: Great Moments in 4/20 History
- Marijuana Business Daily: CA marijuana regulators, L.A. officials launch 4/20 push backing legal retailers