WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 10 @ 9:09 a.m.
Weed Feed: Watch Joe Rogan Peer Pressure Elon Musk Into Hitting a Blunt
The full interview (forwarded to the moment Musk smokes a fatty).
Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire known for developing reusable rockets and blasting a car into space, recently showed that no matter how successful we are in life, we’re always susceptible to peer pressure.
Renowned comedian and broadcaster Joe Rogan persuaded the Tesla and SpaceX CEO to smoke weed during his podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” on Thursday. The moment came two hours and 10 minutes into the broadcast when Rogan sparked up a blunt.
“Is that a joint or is it a cigar?” Musk asked, watching Rogan take the first hit.
“It’s marijuana inside of tobacco, you ever had that?” Rogan responded.
“Yeah, I think I tried one once,” Musk said.
The entire interview was broadcast live to YouTube, and has since racked up more than eight million views and made national headlines after Rogan pressured Musk into hitting the blunt live on the internet.
“You probably can’t because of stockholders right?” Rogan said during the interview, seemingly egging Musk on.
“I mean it’s legal, right?” Musk asked as he took the blunt from Rogan, sniffing it curiously before taking a puff.
The incident reportedly caused Tesla stock to take a nosedive before it rebounded this morning. The U.S. Air Force, which uses SpaceX technology, is reportedly also a bit uneasy about the incident. An Air Force official told The Verge that the military branch is trying to figure out how to handle Musk’s recent pot use.
“It’s inaccurate that there is an investigation,” an Air Force spokesperson told The Verge Friday. “We’ll need time to determine the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”
Musk recently made Humboldt headlines when he contacted the Arcata company Wing Inflatables in hopes of developing a device to rescue the youth soccer team that was trapped inside a cave in Thailand for more than two weeks in July.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
From the Outpost
- County Assesses $4.5M in Penalties for Illegal Weed Cultivation, But Don’t Expect Anyone to Pay Up
- Humboldt Woman Faces 22 Years in Prison After Being Arrested in Ohio With Hundreds of Pounds of Weed
- Godfather Director Makes SoHum Marijuana ‘Brothers’ an Offer They Can’t Refuse
- Supervisors Override Objections from Fortuna, Approve Indoor Cannabis Operation Near Rohnerville Airport
- HARDIN: A Plant Can Break Your Heart
- HOBELMANN REPORT: Three Candidates Are Running For Three Seats on the Fortuna City Council, and None of Them Are Too Jazzed About Cannabis
- 13,084 Marijuana Plants Eradicated During Raids at Unpermitted SoHum Grows
- Endangered Frog Found, 1,518 Marijuana Plants Eradicated During Raid at Unpermitted SoHum Grow
- Cannabis Law Report: You’ve Got Until 30 November To Comment on OLCC Proposed Rules & Regs
- Cannabis Law Report: California: Lawsuit Accuses NorCal Cops of Pot-Stealing Conspiracy
- Cannabis Law Report: Reuters Report On Cannabis Companies Flouting Rules & Using Social Media To Appeal To Teens
- Cannabis Culture: Canadian Chef Has High Hopes for Cannabis-infused Fine Dining
- Cannabis Culture: Cannabis in a Can: Whitby Brewery to Infuse Pot Into Its Pints
- Cannabis Culture: Cannabis Marketing Rules Still Hazy Post-Legalization
- Cannabis Culture: How Medical Marijuana Made Me a Better Mom.
- Leafly: CBD Isolate From the Internet: Is It Worth the High?
- Leafly: Unique CBD Products for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Marijuana Business Daily: Leading US marijuana firms list shares on Canadian stock exchange