WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 @ 9:09 a.m.
Weed Feed: Watch Joe Rogan Peer Pressure Elon Musk Into Hitting a Blunt
The full interview (forwarded to the moment Musk smokes a fatty).
Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire known for developing reusable rockets and blasting a car into space, recently showed that no matter how successful we are in life, we’re always susceptible to peer pressure.
Renowned comedian and broadcaster Joe Rogan persuaded the Tesla and SpaceX CEO to smoke weed during his podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” on Thursday. The moment came two hours and 10 minutes into the broadcast when Rogan sparked up a blunt.
“Is that a joint or is it a cigar?” Musk asked, watching Rogan take the first hit.
“It’s marijuana inside of tobacco, you ever had that?” Rogan responded.
“Yeah, I think I tried one once,” Musk said.
The entire interview was broadcast live to YouTube, and has since racked up more than eight million views and made national headlines after Rogan pressured Musk into hitting the blunt live on the internet.
“You probably can’t because of stockholders right?” Rogan said during the interview, seemingly egging Musk on.
“I mean it’s legal, right?” Musk asked as he took the blunt from Rogan, sniffing it curiously before taking a puff.
The incident reportedly caused Tesla stock to take a nosedive before it rebounded this morning. The U.S. Air Force, which uses SpaceX technology, is reportedly also a bit uneasy about the incident. An Air Force official told The Verge that the military branch is trying to figure out how to handle Musk’s recent pot use.
“It’s inaccurate that there is an investigation,” an Air Force spokesperson told The Verge Friday. “We’ll need time to determine the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”
Musk recently made Humboldt headlines when he contacted the Arcata company Wing Inflatables in hopes of developing a device to rescue the youth soccer team that was trapped inside a cave in Thailand for more than two weeks in July.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Will a Lapse in the County’s Hemp Moratorium Inadvertently Open the Floodgates for Industrial Cultivation?
- County Looks to Extend Moratorium on Industrial Hemp Cultivation While Developing New Rules and Regulations
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Krayzie Bone Visits Humboldt for His New Weed Brand, Looks at Pretty Ocean Views
- Marijuana Business Daily: What’s next in New York and New Jersey? Marijuana business experts weigh in
- Cannabis Law Report: Australia: Game On… NSW Bar Association Says It’s Time To Decriminalise Ice & Other Drugs
- Cannabis Law Report: Hawaii Gov Accedes To Cannabis Decriminalization
- Cannabis Law Report: NORML: New Mexico: New Marijuana Decriminalization Law Goes Into Effect Next Week
- Cannabis Law Report: Illinois: Pritzker Puts Pen To Paper On Recreational Bill
- Cannabis Law Report: California cannabis grower sues another under federal racketeering statutes
- Cannabis Law Report: CA: Proposed bill prevents California Veterinary Medical Board from taking special enforcement against vets who recommend cannabis products,
- The Emerald Magazine : Columbia Care Launches Cannabis Friendly Credit Card
- High Times News: Two Plead Guilty to Using United States Postal Service to Traffic Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: California marijuana vape cartridges required to include universal symbol