WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 @ 9:09 a.m.
Weed Feed: Watch Joe Rogan Peer Pressure Elon Musk Into Hitting a Blunt
The full interview (forwarded to the moment Musk smokes a fatty).
Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire known for developing reusable rockets and blasting a car into space, recently showed that no matter how successful we are in life, we’re always susceptible to peer pressure.
Renowned comedian and broadcaster Joe Rogan persuaded the Tesla and SpaceX CEO to smoke weed during his podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” on Thursday. The moment came two hours and 10 minutes into the broadcast when Rogan sparked up a blunt.
“Is that a joint or is it a cigar?” Musk asked, watching Rogan take the first hit.
“It’s marijuana inside of tobacco, you ever had that?” Rogan responded.
“Yeah, I think I tried one once,” Musk said.
The entire interview was broadcast live to YouTube, and has since racked up more than eight million views and made national headlines after Rogan pressured Musk into hitting the blunt live on the internet.
“You probably can’t because of stockholders right?” Rogan said during the interview, seemingly egging Musk on.
“I mean it’s legal, right?” Musk asked as he took the blunt from Rogan, sniffing it curiously before taking a puff.
The incident reportedly caused Tesla stock to take a nosedive before it rebounded this morning. The U.S. Air Force, which uses SpaceX technology, is reportedly also a bit uneasy about the incident. An Air Force official told The Verge that the military branch is trying to figure out how to handle Musk’s recent pot use.
“It’s inaccurate that there is an investigation,” an Air Force spokesperson told The Verge Friday. “We’ll need time to determine the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”
Musk recently made Humboldt headlines when he contacted the Arcata company Wing Inflatables in hopes of developing a device to rescue the youth soccer team that was trapped inside a cave in Thailand for more than two weeks in July.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 15 Show
- November 20 Show
- October 16 Show
- September 18 Show
- August 21 Show
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
From the Outpost
- STATS: Over 200,000 Cannabis Plants Eradicated by Humboldt Sheriff’s Office During 2019 Season
- WEED GODS: Humboldt Now Has the Most Cultivation Licenses, Most Farms and Most Production Acreage in the State
- Sheriff Says the Number of Illegal Pot Farms is Dwindling, But Many Remaining Outlaws Are Back to Hiding Indoors
- Bring On the ‘Grown in Humboldt’ Labels: Governor Signs McGuire Bill That Protects Cannabis Appellations
- Attention Un-permitted Small-Scale Weed Farmers: You Can Still Get Your Application Processed in Time for 2020 Grow Season, County Says
- OPERATION ‘GREEN WAVE’: One Arrested at Unpermitted Grow Off Highway 36
- Did You Mean to Get Your Cannabis Cultivation Permit But Just, Like, SPACED IT? You Have Three Months to Un-Space Yourself
- OPERATION ‘WILD FISHER’: Weeklong Trespass Grow Cleanup Operation Hauls Tons of Trash, Miles of Water Lines Out of the Trinity Alps Wilderness
- High Times News: PA Lawmaker Introduces Marijuana Legalization Bill to House of Representatives
- Leafly: The buzz on Utah’s fledgling medical cannabis program
- Leafly: At this high school, apparently weed is okay—but only if you’re white
- High Times News: Alabama Senate Committee Votes in Favor of Medical Cannabis Bill
- Leafly: The best California cannabis seed and clone stores of 2020
- High Times News: Infused Beverage Company House of Saka Hires Former SVP of Constellation Brands
- The Cannifornian: Come check us out this weekend!
- High Times News: Colorado Cannabis Dispensaries Sold Over $1.74 Billion in Products in 2019
- Leafly: Medical cannabis bill clears Alabama Senate committee
- Wikileaf: Is Weed Legal in the UK? What You Need to Know