WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 10 @ 9:09 a.m.
Weed Feed: Watch Joe Rogan Peer Pressure Elon Musk Into Hitting a Blunt
The full interview (forwarded to the moment Musk smokes a fatty).
Elon Musk, the celebrity billionaire known for developing reusable rockets and blasting a car into space, recently showed that no matter how successful we are in life, we’re always susceptible to peer pressure.
Renowned comedian and broadcaster Joe Rogan persuaded the Tesla and SpaceX CEO to smoke weed during his podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience” on Thursday. The moment came two hours and 10 minutes into the broadcast when Rogan sparked up a blunt.
“Is that a joint or is it a cigar?” Musk asked, watching Rogan take the first hit.
“It’s marijuana inside of tobacco, you ever had that?” Rogan responded.
“Yeah, I think I tried one once,” Musk said.
The entire interview was broadcast live to YouTube, and has since racked up more than eight million views and made national headlines after Rogan pressured Musk into hitting the blunt live on the internet.
“You probably can’t because of stockholders right?” Rogan said during the interview, seemingly egging Musk on.
“I mean it’s legal, right?” Musk asked as he took the blunt from Rogan, sniffing it curiously before taking a puff.
The incident reportedly caused Tesla stock to take a nosedive before it rebounded this morning. The U.S. Air Force, which uses SpaceX technology, is reportedly also a bit uneasy about the incident. An Air Force official told The Verge that the military branch is trying to figure out how to handle Musk’s recent pot use.
“It’s inaccurate that there is an investigation,” an Air Force spokesperson told The Verge Friday. “We’ll need time to determine the facts and the appropriate process to handle the situation.”
Musk recently made Humboldt headlines when he contacted the Arcata company Wing Inflatables in hopes of developing a device to rescue the youth soccer team that was trapped inside a cave in Thailand for more than two weeks in July.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
- May 16 Show
- April 18 Show
- March 21 Show
- February 21 Show
From the Outpost
- Unpermitted SoHum Marijuana Grow Raided; 4,988 Plants Eradicated
- THE HOBELMANN REPORT: Cannabis Commerce Descends On Fortuna at HCGA’s ‘Meet the Buyers’ Event
- One Arrested, 10,211 Plants Eradicated During Marijuana Grow Raid Near Dinsmore
- Big SoHum Marijuana Grow Raid; 21,053 Plants Eradicated; Over 3,400 Pounds Destroyed
- Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raid on Berry Summit; 4,834 Plants Eradicated
- Sheriff’s Office Seizes $36k During Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raid; 854 Plants Eradicated
- Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raided Near Blake Mountain; Cultivation Evidence Found on Adjacent Forest Service Land
- Unpermitted Marijuana Grow Raid in Rancho Sequoia; 1,336 Plants Eradicated
- Marijuana Business Daily: Weekly Deal Watch: Cannabis real estate a hot target for investment
- High Times News: Gov. Cuomo Passes Law in NY to Allow Medical Cannabis as Opioid Alternative
- Cannabis Law Report: There’s Still Pushback In The NJ Legislature Over Cannabis Regulation
- Cannabis Law Report: California Administrative Court Rules That 5 Yr Old Can Take Medicinal Cannabis To School
- High Times News: FBI Data Shows Cannabis Arrests are on the Rise for Second Year in a Row
- High Times News: Activists in Oregon Fight for the Public Consumption of Cannabis
- Leafly: Oregon Craft Cannabis Strains, by the Terpene
- High Times News: Thai Police Give Researchers 220 Pounds Of Seized Marijuana
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana retailer Green Growth Brands upsized CA$85 million raise
- Leafly: Missouri Has Three Legalization Measures. Two Are Very Odd