WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Sept. 24, 2018 @ 8:30 a.m.
Weed Feed: Coca-Cola Reportedly in Talks With Canadian Company to Develop Cannabis Drinks
Coca-Cola, one of the largest drink companies in the world, is reportedly in talks with the Canadian company Aurora Cannabis Inc. to develop a line of CBD beverages.
An unnamed source told Bloomberg last week that Coca-Cola is interested in using CBD, a non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, to make “recovery” drinks.
“They’re pretty advanced down the path,” the anonymous source told Bloomberg about the two companies striking a partnership.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. CEO Terry Booth told Bloomberg during an on-air interview that Coca-Cola “would be a great partner” to develop a cannabis drink with. However, Booth said that Aurora Cannabis is in talks with numerous beverage companies and wouldn’t outright say that it was working with Coca-Cola.
While Coca-Cola has neither confirmed nor denied the news, company spokesperson Kent Landers told Bloomberg in a statement last week that no official decisions have been made.
“Along with many others in the beverage industry, we are closely watching the growth of non-psychoactive CBD as an ingredient in functional wellness beverages around the world,” Landers is quoted as saying. “The space is evolving quickly. No decisions have been made at this time.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- Measure S Suspension
- A Conversation With Mark Lovelace
- Co-Ops And Competitiveness
- A Look At Distribution
- August 18 Show
- July 21 Show
- June 16 Show
- May 19 Show
From the Outpost
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Methods of Cannabis Consumption
- (PHOTOS) ‘SUSPEND MEASURE S’: Humboldt Cannabis Community Rallies For Financial Relief From Cultivation Taxes
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: A Falling Tide Sinks All Ships
- Supervisors Split Over Whether Planning Commission Should Tighten Cannabis Rules for Generators, Water Use and Roads
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Can Industrial Hemp Save the Planet?
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Legacy Farmers
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Cannabis Taxes and the Illicit Market
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Right Now, the Economic Outlook for Humboldt County Seems Pretty Bleak
- Leafly: This CBD subscription service keeps you stocked with the good stuff
- High Times News: Arizona Cannabis Generates Over $1B of Revenue in 2021
- High Times News: Rhode Island Budget Proposal Seeks Recreational Cannabis Legalization
- High Times News: Mississippi Takes Another Step Toward Allowing Medical Cannabis
- Cannabis Law Report: USA – San Diego: The National Interdisciplinary Cannabis Symposium – Agenda & Registration Details
- The Emerald Magazine : The Psychedelics Movement Could be Hitting Your State or City Soon
- The Emerald Magazine : New Study Adds to Growing Evidence Suggesting Cannabis Prevents COVID-19
- Cannabis Law Report: Colorado: Lawsuit Alleges Machine Seller Misled Hemp Co.
- High Times News: Brand Spotlight: 710 LABS
- The Emerald Magazine : Cali Sober: Finding Balance With Less Alcohol