WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 14 @ 10:02 a.m.
Weed Feed: New 420 Bill Would Remove Marijuana From Controlled Substances Act
A new marijuana bill numbered after the stoner holiday 420, was introduced into congress last week.
The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act, also known as H.R. 420, is aimed at changing federal law to — obviously — regulate marijuana like alcohol. The bill would also also remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act, Marijuana Moment reports.
The bill was filed by Congressman Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, who admitted the title is meant to be humorous, but added that the underlying issues are not.
“While the bill number may be a bit tongue in cheek, the issue is very serious,” Blumenauer is quoted as saying in a press release. “Our federal marijuana laws are outdated, out of touch and have negatively impacted countless lives. Congress cannot continue to be out of touch with a movement that a growing majority of Americans support. It’s time to end this senseless prohibition.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- ‘OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP’: National Guard Will Also Assist in This Week’s Raids on Illegal Mendocino Marijuana Grow Sites
- (VIDEO) Sheriff Honsal to Unpermitted Marijuana Growers: ‘We are Coming’
- BECAUSE WEED? Old Town’s ‘Because Coffee’ Closing This Weekend, Will Likely Be Replaced by Cannabis Smoking Lounge
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Marijuana Business Daily: New Hampshire governor rejects medical cannabis expansion bill
- High Times News: Someone Planted 34 Cannabis Plants in the Vermont Statehouse Flower Beds
- Wikileaf: CBD Water Is Legit
- Marijuana Business Daily: Utah delays awarding medicinal marijuana cultivation licenses
- High Times News: New Bill Ensures Some Retroactive Drug War Justice for New Hampshire
- Leafly: Beer Brewers on New Cannabis Beers: ‘They Should Just Stop’
- Leafly: Competition to Grow Medical Cannabis in Utah Heats Up
- Leafly: Kamala Harris Evolved Slowly on Legalization, but She’s All About It Now
- Cannabis Law Report: Hoban Law Launch Cannabis Compliance and Regulation courses on Green Flower Media Platform
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana Business This Week: Utah selects growers, CBD comment period ends, NJ to post MMJ apps & more