WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 14 @ 10:02 a.m.
Weed Feed: New 420 Bill Would Remove Marijuana From Controlled Substances Act
A new marijuana bill numbered after the stoner holiday 420, was introduced into congress last week.
The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act, also known as H.R. 420, is aimed at changing federal law to — obviously — regulate marijuana like alcohol. The bill would also also remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act, Marijuana Moment reports.
The bill was filed by Congressman Earl Blumenauer of Oregon, who admitted the title is meant to be humorous, but added that the underlying issues are not.
“While the bill number may be a bit tongue in cheek, the issue is very serious,” Blumenauer is quoted as saying in a press release. “Our federal marijuana laws are outdated, out of touch and have negatively impacted countless lives. Congress cannot continue to be out of touch with a movement that a growing majority of Americans support. It’s time to end this senseless prohibition.”
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
From the Outpost
- Governor Newsom Says He Will Pull National Guard Troops From Mexican Border and Redeploy Some ‘North to Go After Illegal Cannabis Farms’
- County Planning Commission Denies Permit for Cannabis Grow on Private Land Within Yurok Ceremonial District
- (VIDEO) Masked Humboldt Pot Growers Dish to ‘Inside Edition’ About Murder Mountain: ‘It Ain’t No Joke’
- Arcata Might Soon Have Two New Places to Buy Legal Weed, Including Pacific Paradise
- Local Cannabis Company Taking Over the Ol’ Kmart Building in Eureka
- (UPDATE) Oregon Marijuana Company Leases 16,000-Square-Foot Bien Padre Factory in Eureka
- Humboldt Man Found Pushing Dolly Full of Weed East on Wyoming Highway
- 16,000 Pounds of Marijuana Seized, Over 30 People Detained at Grow Site East of Honeydew
- Cannabis Law Report: New York City Department of Health To Prosecute F&B Establishments Selling CBD In Food & Drink
- Cannabis Law Report: Challenges and Solutions: Access to Banking Services for Cannabis-Related Businesses
- Cannabis Law Report: Saturday 16 February – State By State Digest: General, Alaska, Nevada, New Mexico
- Leafly: The Roll-Up #73: Stoner Saves a Tiger
- High Times News: Utah’s Largest Healthcare Provider Authorizes Medical Marijuana Recommendations
- Marijuana Business Daily: Canadian marijuana grower Village Farms approved for Nasdaq listing
- Leafly: YouTube’s ‘Pot Scientist’ Fired for Answering Burning Questions
- High Times News: Man Arrested After Offering Weed Wax in Exchange for Fast Food Delivery on Facebook
- Marijuana Business Daily: Missouri gets 400-plus applications for medical cannabis business permits
- Marijuana Business Daily: UK receives initial ‘bulk’ shipment of medical cannabis