WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Tuesday, Jan. 22 @ 11:02 a.m.
Weed Feed: CBS Says No to Medical Marijuana Super Bowl Ad
CBS has rejected a pro medical marijuana Super Bowl commercial on the grounds that the company doesn’t accept any marijuana-related ads.
USA Today reports that the cannabis company Acreage Holdings submitted a Super Bowl commercial featuring three medical marijuana patients giving testimonies about the medicinal benefits of the drug.
“We’re not particularly surprised that CBS rejected the content,” Acreage Holdings president George Allen told USA Today. “And that is actually less a statement about them and more — we think — a statement about where we stand right now in this country.”
Variety reports that a 30-second ad for this year’s Super Bowl can cost between $5.1 and $5.3 million dollars.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
From the Outpost
- Arcata-Based Cannabis Start-up Offers Steep Discounts Through Costco-Like Membership Model
- Eureka City Council Passes Ordinance Allowing Cannabis Smoking Lounges in the City
- Supes Give Cannabis Farmers a Tax Break, But Statewide Overproduction Could Spell Doom for Many Growers
- Rio Dell Still Rolling Out the Carpet for Weed Biz; New Package Includes Locked-In Tax Rates, Eased Zoning, Equity Program
- Eureka City Council: Ordinance to Allow On-Site Weed Smoking, City Cannabis Equity Program on Tuesday’s Agenda
- ‘PROJECT TRELLIS’: The Board of Supervisors May Create a Government Funding Mechanism for the Local Cannabis Industry Tomorrow
- 455 Pounds of Marijuana, BHO, Guns Seized During Raid in Trinity County
- (VIDEO) PANEL DISCUSSION: The Other Side of Murder Mountain
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon Cannabis Legislation Update
- Cannabis Law Report: Oregon: OLCC Latest Marijuana Licensee Stipulated Settlements
- Leafly: Carl’s Jr. CBD Burgers Go Over Big in Denver
- Marijuana Business Daily: Ways for marijuana firms to protect their stocks from short sellers
- Cannabis Law Report: Sol Global Chairman Andy Defrancesco sued for Defamation by Cannabis Research Firm: $SOLCF
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday
- Leafly: 4/20: Live Coverage of the 2019 Cannabis Holiday in Canada
- Marijuana Business Daily: Cannabis business ties can lead to citizenship denial, immigration agency says
- Leafly: Chronic Chronology: Great Moments in 4/20 History
- Marijuana Business Daily: CA marijuana regulators, L.A. officials launch 4/20 push backing legal retailers