WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Tuesday, Jan. 22 @ 11:02 a.m.
Weed Feed: CBS Says No to Medical Marijuana Super Bowl Ad
CBS has rejected a pro medical marijuana Super Bowl commercial on the grounds that the company doesn’t accept any marijuana-related ads.
USA Today reports that the cannabis company Acreage Holdings submitted a Super Bowl commercial featuring three medical marijuana patients giving testimonies about the medicinal benefits of the drug.
“We’re not particularly surprised that CBS rejected the content,” Acreage Holdings president George Allen told USA Today. “And that is actually less a statement about them and more — we think — a statement about where we stand right now in this country.”
Variety reports that a 30-second ad for this year’s Super Bowl can cost between $5.1 and $5.3 million dollars.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- June 19 Show
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
From the Outpost
- ‘OPERATION CLEAN SWEEP’: National Guard Will Also Assist in This Week’s Raids on Illegal Mendocino Marijuana Grow Sites
- (VIDEO) Sheriff Honsal to Unpermitted Marijuana Growers: ‘We are Coming’
- BECAUSE WEED? Old Town’s ‘Because Coffee’ Closing This Weekend, Will Likely Be Replaced by Cannabis Smoking Lounge
- Rio Dell’s Downtown May Soon Have Three Weed Stores
- Humboldt County Growers, Manufacturers Show Out Strong at the 2019 NorCal Cannabis Cup
- (UPDATE: Letter Approved) Supes May Ask State Officials to Close ‘Loophole’ Allowing High-CBD Cannabis to be Grown as Hemp
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Marijuana Business Daily: New Hampshire governor rejects medical cannabis expansion bill
- High Times News: Someone Planted 34 Cannabis Plants in the Vermont Statehouse Flower Beds
- Wikileaf: CBD Water Is Legit
- Marijuana Business Daily: Utah delays awarding medicinal marijuana cultivation licenses
- High Times News: New Bill Ensures Some Retroactive Drug War Justice for New Hampshire
- Leafly: Beer Brewers on New Cannabis Beers: ‘They Should Just Stop’
- Leafly: Competition to Grow Medical Cannabis in Utah Heats Up
- Leafly: Kamala Harris Evolved Slowly on Legalization, but She’s All About It Now
- Cannabis Law Report: Hoban Law Launch Cannabis Compliance and Regulation courses on Green Flower Media Platform
- Marijuana Business Daily: Marijuana Business This Week: Utah selects growers, CBD comment period ends, NJ to post MMJ apps & more