WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 7, 2019 @ 9:23 a.m.
Weed Feed: Congress Introduces Bipartisan Marijuana Reform Bill
A marijuana reform bill is one of the first pieces of legislation to be introduced in the House in 2019.
The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States Act was reintroduced Thursday by Congressmen Steve Cohen of Tennessee and Don Young of Alaska.
If passed, the bipartisan bill will amend federal law to allow states to institute their own medical marijuana laws without fear of federal prosecution. It would also permit Department of Veterans Affairs doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to veterans.
“The national consensus on medical marijuana is solid and bipartisan, but our federal drug laws continue to treat patients and their doctors like criminals,” Congressman Cohen is quoted as saying in a press release. “Our bill would bring federal medical marijuana policy in line with the views of the overwhelming majority of Americans by allowing states to set their own marijuana laws, allowing patients, including veterans, to receive the treatments they need from their doctors and improving opportunities for research on marijuana.”
The Washington Times reports that President Trump has said he will support marijuana reformation if a bill reaches his desk.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- A Conversation With Mark Lovelace
- Co-Ops And Competitiveness
- A Look At Distribution
- August 18 Show
- July 21 Show
- June 16 Show
- May 19 Show
- April 21 Show
From the Outpost
- THE HUMBOLDT CHRONICLES: A Conversation With Mark Lovelace
- Environmental Groups Double-Sue Humboldt County Over Controversial SoHum Cannabis Project, Suggest Bohn May Have a Conflict of Interest
- Amid Behind-the-Scenes Controversy, County Issues a New Call for Proposals to Market Humboldt Cannabis
- New Documentary ‘Lady Buds’ Shines Light on Humboldt’s Women in Cannabis During an Era of Hardship
- TODAY in SUPES: Board Allocates $1M for Micro-Grants in an Effort to Help the ‘Failing Cannabis Industry’
- More Than $2M-Worth of Services Up for Grabs for Local Cannabis Community Via the County’s Project Trellis Equity Program
- Let’s Take a Closer Look at the Sun Valley Weed Grow and How the Supervisors Reached a Decision
- Supervisors Deny Appeal, Approve a (Downsized Again) 5.7-Acre Weed Grow on Sun Valley Property in Arcata Bottoms
- Leafly: Mexico has a new marijuana legalization bill. Here’s what’s in it
- High Times News: Glass Pipe Holiday Gift Guide
- High Times News: Study Shows Psychedelics Users Had Less Stress During Pandemic Lockdowns
- High Times News: Portugal Punts (Temporarily) on Cannabis Reform as Government Collapses
- High Times News: Jetty x High Times Collab is Absolute Fire
- High Times News: Flower Connoisseur Gift Guide
- The Emerald Magazine : Dispensary Review: Eugene OG
- Cannabis Law Report: Costa Rica: Sala IV gives the green light to a bill that legalizes the production of hemp and medicinal cannabis
- Cannabis Law Report: CDC Guidance: Marijuana and Driving: How to Keep Your Fleet’s Drivers Safe
- Cannabis Law Report: Billy Hood: Briton jailed in Dubai for possessing CBD vape oil has term cut from 25 years to 10 – despite new laws allowing for deportation