WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 7 @ 9:23 a.m.
Weed Feed: Congress Introduces Bipartisan Marijuana Reform Bill
A marijuana reform bill is one of the first pieces of legislation to be introduced in the House in 2019.
The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States Act was reintroduced Thursday by Congressmen Steve Cohen of Tennessee and Don Young of Alaska.
If passed, the bipartisan bill will amend federal law to allow states to institute their own medical marijuana laws without fear of federal prosecution. It would also permit Department of Veterans Affairs doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to veterans.
“The national consensus on medical marijuana is solid and bipartisan, but our federal drug laws continue to treat patients and their doctors like criminals,” Congressman Cohen is quoted as saying in a press release. “Our bill would bring federal medical marijuana policy in line with the views of the overwhelming majority of Americans by allowing states to set their own marijuana laws, allowing patients, including veterans, to receive the treatments they need from their doctors and improving opportunities for research on marijuana.”
The Washington Times reports that President Trump has said he will support marijuana reformation if a bill reaches his desk.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- May 15 Show
- April 17 Show
- March 20 Show
- February 20 Show
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
From the Outpost
- TODAY IN SUPES: Hemp Moratorium Reinstated
- County Ag Commissioner Accepting Hemp Registration Forms Ahead of Moratorium Vote
- Will a Lapse in the County’s Hemp Moratorium Inadvertently Open the Floodgates for Industrial Cultivation?
- County Looks to Extend Moratorium on Industrial Hemp Cultivation While Developing New Rules and Regulations
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Krayzie Bone Visits Humboldt for His New Weed Brand, Looks at Pretty Ocean Views
- Hoopa Election Board Rejects Controversial Ballot Measure About Cannabis Legalization
- County Approves ‘Cannabis Village’ With Onsite Sales and Consumption for Reggae on the River
- The Hoopa Valley Tribe Can’t Decide Whether to Allow Weed Cultivation, Nor Whether They Already Answered that Question
- Cannabis Law Report: Fox Rothschild Publish PDF, ” National Survey On Marijuana Law On Regulations”
- Cannabis Law Report: Cultiva Law Looking For A Paralegal
- Cannabis Law Report: INCBA Says It Is Now Developing Student Bodies Throughout the US
- Cannabis Law Report: CO: The Department of Revenue’s Marijuana Enforcement Division is planning a work group regarding House Bill 19-1090
- Marijuana Business Daily: Hearing begins for Nevada marijuana businesses claiming state licensing bias
- High Times News: Two-Year Investigation of Illicit Weed Market Leads to Multimillion Dollar Raids
- Marijuana Business Daily: Arkansas medical cannabis dispensary sued for trademark infringement
- Leafly: Trashing Your Empty Vape Oil Cartridges? Here’s What You Can Do Instead
- High Times News: Data Finds Canadians in New Brunswick Reluctant to Buy Pot With Credit Cards
- Leafly: Some Ontario Cannabis Stores Cut Hours Amid National Supply Shortage