WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Monday, Jan. 7 @ 9:23 a.m.
Weed Feed: Congress Introduces Bipartisan Marijuana Reform Bill
A marijuana reform bill is one of the first pieces of legislation to be introduced in the House in 2019.
The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States Act was reintroduced Thursday by Congressmen Steve Cohen of Tennessee and Don Young of Alaska.
If passed, the bipartisan bill will amend federal law to allow states to institute their own medical marijuana laws without fear of federal prosecution. It would also permit Department of Veterans Affairs doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to veterans.
“The national consensus on medical marijuana is solid and bipartisan, but our federal drug laws continue to treat patients and their doctors like criminals,” Congressman Cohen is quoted as saying in a press release. “Our bill would bring federal medical marijuana policy in line with the views of the overwhelming majority of Americans by allowing states to set their own marijuana laws, allowing patients, including veterans, to receive the treatments they need from their doctors and improving opportunities for research on marijuana.”
The Washington Times reports that President Trump has said he will support marijuana reformation if a bill reaches his desk.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- January 16 Show
- December 19 Show
- November 21 Show
- October 17 Show
- September 19 Show
- August 15 Show
- July 18 Show
- June 20 Show
From the Outpost
- Governor Newsom Says He Will Pull National Guard Troops From Mexican Border and Redeploy Some ‘North to Go After Illegal Cannabis Farms’
- County Planning Commission Denies Permit for Cannabis Grow on Private Land Within Yurok Ceremonial District
- (VIDEO) Masked Humboldt Pot Growers Dish to ‘Inside Edition’ About Murder Mountain: ‘It Ain’t No Joke’
- Arcata Might Soon Have Two New Places to Buy Legal Weed, Including Pacific Paradise
- Local Cannabis Company Taking Over the Ol’ Kmart Building in Eureka
- (UPDATE) Oregon Marijuana Company Leases 16,000-Square-Foot Bien Padre Factory in Eureka
- Humboldt Man Found Pushing Dolly Full of Weed East on Wyoming Highway
- 16,000 Pounds of Marijuana Seized, Over 30 People Detained at Grow Site East of Honeydew
- Cannabis Law Report: New York City Department of Health To Prosecute F&B Establishments Selling CBD In Food & Drink
- Cannabis Law Report: Challenges and Solutions: Access to Banking Services for Cannabis-Related Businesses
- Cannabis Law Report: Saturday 16 February – State By State Digest: General, Alaska, Nevada, New Mexico
- Leafly: The Roll-Up #73: Stoner Saves a Tiger
- High Times News: Utah’s Largest Healthcare Provider Authorizes Medical Marijuana Recommendations
- Marijuana Business Daily: Canadian marijuana grower Village Farms approved for Nasdaq listing
- Leafly: YouTube’s ‘Pot Scientist’ Fired for Answering Burning Questions
- High Times News: Man Arrested After Offering Weed Wax in Exchange for Fast Food Delivery on Facebook
- Marijuana Business Daily: Missouri gets 400-plus applications for medical cannabis business permits
- Marijuana Business Daily: UK receives initial ‘bulk’ shipment of medical cannabis